XF Shop addon forum?

hakkuo23

Customer
I can't find it but here are some bugs/requests I found that I hope can be fixed :)

- error when going to the Steal page with no currencies having stealing enabled.
- Buyback doesn't seem to work properly, if Item Buyback Price is set to 0, and Buyback time is set to 0, you can still buyback the item. There is no way to disable it without setting Buyback Time to something huge like 999999999.
- Can you make it so when viewing the overlay of an item, if it's set to unlimited it simply does not show as it makes the overlay look cluttered and that information isn't important. User should assume it's unlimited unless otherwise specified. Also having a shop owner that is set to -1 or 0 maybe shouldn't be shown, as it's unimportant.
- The custom item page is great, but maybe add event listeners for item types so we may add custom ones without having to do funky code edits.
- Make it so the first shop doesn't set the title of the page (or an option would be fantastic).
- Options relating to the removal of the footer message are not in the options page. I had to do manual database edits to put my key in.
- Add tabs to the inventory page for each shop, as scrolling through the huge page is a pain.
- The overlay for items works fine, but when a user does not have JS it goes to an unformatted page.
- The category list while modifying items is in the incorrect order (doesn't respect display order).
- Clicking 'Purchase' on an item, the button 'View Shop Inventory' does not work.
- In the shop inventory, if a buyback price is 0, maybe don't show it at all.
- For the .titleBar, maybe add margin-bottom: 0 to make it flow better, and remove section if it's not being used (or change to primaryContent).
- Fun item to add would be to set a users title, like on Facepunch.
- Items with styling, maybe add choosing a font type.
- Lottery purchase page to show active tickets and previous tickets.
- Maybe interval dates for lotteries (resets every x days, weeks, months...).
- What are the point of category descriptions since they are currently not being used.
- Maybe simply get rid of the first titleBar on the shop page as it repeats the second one exactly.
- Maybe move the shops tabs to the top, and then the name of the shop and description, and the categories finally.
- If custom items are to stay, add a field for extra params so I don't have to put it somewhere else.
- HTML in descriptions would be great.
- In the prepurchase callback (maybe others if applicable), can it deny if I return false and maybe a referenced error message to send to the user?
- Maybe add maximum times an item can be purchased per user.
- Get this error with callbacks: Parameter 3 to Class::discard() expected to be a reference, value given. (looks like the callback parameter description in the items page is wrong, says array &$userInfo, $purchaseId, array &$purchaseInfo, array &$configuration = array()) and so is the 4th parameter. I think it's supposed to dereference for the configuration?
- For custom items, is there a way to send the view to a callback for the settings button? Would be nice to add various options for the user to configure, and actions to trigger.
- Instead of the overlay being displayed when adding an item to the cart, just do a message at the top? Makes the flow of purchasing items more smooth IMHO.
- What exactly is the point of the configure callback? I thought it was to display custom settings for the user to be able to configure.

Can you make a sub-forum for the shop addon? That would be awesome :D

Last edited:
You can use this subforum: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f66/

If you are suggesting new features, could you please post one thread per request? Otherwise it becomes impossible for us to track which has been implemented and which are outstanding :)

Thanks!

You can use this subforum: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f66/

If you are suggesting new features, could you please post one thread per request? Otherwise it becomes impossible for us to track which has been implemented and which are outstanding :)

Thanks!

Do you want me to repost the bugs? I also found another where I'm getting an undefined index when gifting the username change.
These are mostly things that could be fixed, and the requests are simply dev ones :)

Can you just move this at some point I'm just gonna keep posting bugs I see.

cart?action=update returns a blank page with an empty {}

I set a username and attempted to gift it getting this error:

Template Errors: dbtech_shop_inventory_gift

Illegal string offset 'description' in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/internal_data/templates/S.47,L.1,dbtech_shop_inventory_gift.php, line 64
The description is set.
Shouldn't it not let me gift it?

Also errors shouldn't be printing out stacktraces.
invalid_item

DBTech_Shop_Application_Core->error() in DBTech/Shop/Action/Inventory.php at line 483
DBTech_Shop_Action_Inventory->actionGift() in DBTech/Shop/Application/Core.php at line 297
DBTech_Shop_Application_Core->runAction() in DBTech/Shop/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Shop.php at line 24
DBTech_Shop_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Shop->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/index.php at line 13

Could it simply return a phrase?

Another thing, this option when gifting:
No Configuration

Check this box if you want to give the item to the person without any pre-defined configuration at all.

How can you preconfigure an item and send it to a person so they can only use it as that?
I set my username using the item and gifted it but the user could set it to whatever they wanted.

For gifting profile music, I'm getting Undefined index: url

Also denying reconfiguration simply does not work.
And the reconfiguration option for items is confusing, what if the admin only wants a one-time configuration for something like thread highlights? Otherwise they have to set an expiration date :(

Last edited:
For all the undefined index errors, could you please try moving the templates back to the database from the file system and see if that works for you? At the moment, the mod has not been tested with file-based templates, so it's not supported at this time.

The problem with the first post is that it's incredibly overwhelming to see a list of 50 questions :p I have a hard time answering it all when it's dumped on me like that, sorry :(

PS: This forum is not a support forum so if I stop responding to this thread, it'll be because it doesn't show up in our ticket system and actual support tickets have pushed this thread from view.

For all the undefined index errors, could you please try moving the templates back to the database from the file system and see if that works for you? At the moment, the mod has not been tested with file-based templates, so it's not supported at this time.

The problem with the first post is that it's incredibly overwhelming to see a list of 50 questions :p I have a hard time answering it all when it's dumped on me like that, sorry :(
I'm sorry :(

Oh I should specify I'm using XenForo.

Let me know if you find any issues once you have moved the templates back to the database, I think you'll find it'll work a lot smoother as no-one else has reported any similar issues :)

Let me know if you find any issues once you have moved the templates back to the database, I think you'll find it'll work a lot smoother as no-one else has reported any similar issues :)
I don't think you can move XF templates to the DB, is there an option for that?

They are in the DB by default, go to Performance and untick Fetch public templates as files :)

Ah, yeah I see it. I've added a hotfix to v4.3.0 :)
Awesome :) Could you at least for the next update look into the configuration issue (described in the first post) where configuring an item, and then gifting it doesn't send the configuration to the user, but let's them reconfigure it?

I can't find it but here are some bugs/requests I found that I hope can be fixed :)
I'm gonna try to tackle this throughout the day as the caffeine sets in :p

- error when going to the Steal page with no currencies having stealing enabled.
- Buyback doesn't seem to work properly, if Item Buyback Price is set to 0, and Buyback time is set to 0, you can still buyback the item. There is no way to disable it without setting Buyback Time to something huge like 999999999.
As per the description, this is working as intended. If you want to disallow buyback, set the buyback price to 0 and it will make no difference whether they hit buyback or discard.

- Can you make it so when viewing the overlay of an item, if it's set to unlimited it simply does not show as it makes the overlay look cluttered and that information isn't important. User should assume it's unlimited unless otherwise specified. Also having a shop owner that is set to -1 or 0 maybe shouldn't be shown, as it's unimportant.
Respectfully, I disagree. I believe it's more important to show a unified display, and not assume the user knows anything.

- The custom item page is great, but maybe add event listeners for item types so we may add custom ones without having to do funky code edits.
You don't need to make any code edits at all :)

All you have to do is insert a record into the item type table and add an item type file into the same folder all the other item type files are.

- Make it so the first shop doesn't set the title of the page (or an option would be fantastic).
I'll add a new phrase for that :)

- Options relating to the removal of the footer message are not in the options page. I had to do manual database edits to put my key in.
Good catch, when I switched to tabbed options a few options were left invisible. I'll correct this in the next version :)

- Add tabs to the inventory page for each shop, as scrolling through the huge page is a pain.
This was a part of the original design but it does not work well with forums that have a lot of different shops, so it won't be changing at this time, sorry :(

- The overlay for items works fine, but when a user does not have JS it goes to an unformatted page.
The mod is designed with JS in mind, even XF default overlays don't look formatted when they are loaded without JS.

- The category list while modifying items is in the incorrect order (doesn't respect display order).
Could you please elaborate on this?

- Clicking 'Purchase' on an item, the button 'View Shop Inventory' does not work.
I'm unable to replicate this issue.

- In the shop inventory, if a buyback price is 0, maybe don't show it at all.
I can make that change in a future version :)

- For the .titleBar, maybe add margin-bottom: 0 to make it flow better, and remove section if it's not being used (or change to primaryContent).
What specifically are you referring to?

- Fun item to add would be to set a users title, like on Facepunch.
This is already a feature, there's a user title item type :)

- Items with styling, maybe add choosing a font type.
That's not an easy task, since you need to specify a fall-back font (e.g. font-family: FancyFont, LessFancyFont, Arial so that users who do not have FancyFont or LessFancyFont installed will still see text.

- Lottery purchase page to show active tickets and previous tickets.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to. There's already a display for sold tickets.

- Maybe interval dates for lotteries (resets every x days, weeks, months...).
This is already a feature. When you create a lottery and set the start and end date, that amount of time will be used as the interval if you specify that it is a recurring lottery.

- What are the point of category descriptions since they are currently not being used.
Admin notes :) Although it's possible the design will be revised in the future and category descriptions will become useful.

- Maybe move the shops tabs to the top, and then the name of the shop and description, and the categories finally.
If there's a design revision in the future, it'll probably be a grid display of some description with a landing page where all shops are displayed, and you click through to see the items sold by each shop.

- If custom items are to stay, add a field for extra params so I don't have to put it somewhere else.
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by this :(

- HTML in descriptions would be great.
As HTML is a massive security risk, this will not be added, sorry.

- In the prepurchase callback (maybe others if applicable), can it deny if I return false and maybe a referenced error message to send to the user?
Return a string value in the prepurchase callback and it will cancel the purchase.

- Maybe add maximum times an item can be purchased per user.
I can look at this, but it won't be 100% accurate as users could simply discard an item to get around this limitation.

- Get this error with callbacks: Parameter 3 to Class::discard() expected to be a reference, value given. (looks like the callback parameter description in the items page is wrong, says array &$userInfo, $purchaseId, array &$purchaseInfo, array &$configuration = array()) and so is the 4th parameter. I think it's supposed to dereference for the configuration?
No, the callback signature is correct. That error comes when trying to do
Code:
discard($userinfo, $purchaseid, array('something')
Instead of

Code:
$purchaseinfo = array('something');
discard($userinfo, $purchaseid, $purchaseinfo

Does that make sense?

- For custom items, is there a way to send the view to a callback for the settings button? Would be nice to add various options for the user to configure, and actions to trigger.
I can add a template hook to the settings template that runs for all items.

- Instead of the overlay being displayed when adding an item to the cart, just do a message at the top? Makes the flow of purchasing items more smooth IMHO.
Sadly I have not found a way to trigger that banner when clicking a link. The overlay function in XenForo is designed to make it so that the banner can only be displayed when submitting a form.

- What exactly is the point of the configure callback? I thought it was to display custom settings for the user to be able to configure.
To receive information when a member configures an item and run your own code, such as extra notifications or whatnot. It was a request @ XenForo.com, so we added it :)

Could you please elaborate on this?
It's a minor thing but in the items edit page when choosing a category it isn't the same order as the set display order for those categories.

I'm unable to replicate this issue.
I might be misunderstanding what that button actually does, is it to show your inventory or the items available for purchase in that shop?

What specifically are you referring to?
Like clicking a shop that has no items, there's a gap between the message ' There are no items in the shop. ' and the shop tabs, or the lottery page, there's a gap between the title bar (Lotteries) and the list of available lotteries. Minor thing.

This is already a feature, there's a user title item type :)
Yes but configuring and sending it does not work, also I mean that the person receiving the gift cannot opt-out, but can only purchase another to change their own.

That's not an easy task, since you need to specify a fall-back font (e.g. font-family: FancyFont, LessFancyFont, Arial so that users who do not have FancyFont or LessFancyFont installed will still see text.
XenForo has a list of fonts within the editor that are available on every browser/OS. You could just use those :)

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to. There's already a display for sold tickets.
Where is it located, and I mean by who purchased and their numbers.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by this :(
Like an extra column and a field where you can define information to pass, like a string or int.

I can look at this, but it won't be 100% accurate as users could simply discard an item to get around this limitation.
Does discarding remove the entry from the DB?

I can add a template hook to the settings template that runs for all items.
You couldn't make another callback passing in the XenForo_View, and create a column that serializes any extra information in an options array? That would be amazing :D

Back