Bug vbNotifications Links not working after dbseo upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you make sure display_errors is turned on in php.ini and SKIP_ALL_ERRORS is not enabled in config.php and then let me know if there's a PHP error on that page?

I'm fairly sure php.ini is set to hide errors. I don't think I have direct access to change that setting. If its critical, I can get with my host to change.

Config is set to define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS"', true). I will comment that line out.

Try also setting @ini_set('display_errors', 'On'); in config.php - that may locally override the error hiding :)

The errors are showing at the top of the events forum now (after re-enabling the event modification)... they look like this:

Link to forum: Reefing Events

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: forumdisplay_preselectopt in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4597

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: forumdisplay_preselectopt in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4597

This means the modification was made for vB3, and does not work correctly on vB4. You should find a vB4-equivalent version of the mod, or disable it, as it's using unsupported and deprecated functionality.

This means the modification was made for vB3, and does not work correctly on vB4. You should find a vB4-equivalent version of the mod, or disable it, as it's using unsupported and deprecated functionality.

Sadly, no such vb4 mod exists. I was able to make the old vb3 mod work and hide the warnings.

An extensive search for a vb4 mod on vbulletin.org only turns up several requests for a mod to be made. In fact a google search, turns up this request on your site: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f101/vb-events-vbulletin-calendar-great-forgotten-5848/

As minor as the event mod seems, it is used all the time on my site. I run a lot of events and from a practical standpoint is more important that the seo mod. Which brings me to the second question, if I want to downgrade to the previous version of dbseo so the event mod works again, is it just a matter of overwriting the files and re-installing the old xml?

I noticed that those warnings are still present after disabling the Event mod as well. Would it still be causing warnings if it was disabled?

Update: This was caused by the Thread Prefixes plugin, which appears to be an adaptation of vB4's Thread Prefix functionality but for vB3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back