Status
Not open for further replies.

Edrondol

Customer
Me again!

Quick question. If you change someone's name in this mod will it affect their login?

Example:

User A named Dave has his name changed by User B as a joke. User B changes it from Dave to "Jerkwad". When Dave goes to log in would he need to use Jerkwad or Dave?

That's a problem then. If someone changes it when the person is offline they won't be allowed or able to log in.

It's intended behaviour :)
It's the same as if you used the Username Change mod, for instance. Or changed it in the admincp. It would only be a problem if he was logged out while his username was changed.

is there a way you can make it so that it replaces their postbit name and everywhere their name appears to the new name without changing the original name for loggining in? IPB can do it, and i'm sure vB can, something to do with forum nicknames, if uses nickname field instead of username field. only problem with that is the user can just edit that field and revert it back.

CanI as admin disable it so they can not change others users names but they can thier own? But still allow them to change other things for other users?

Yeah you can :) Just set the "Giftable" to No for that item.

Lite version cannot change others' usernames :)

Or make a option that the person whose name is changed get an e-mail that his name is changed ;)

Or IP bound pop-up. You get a pop-up when your name is changed. Even when your not logged in.

Or when you try to login but your name is changed you get a pop-up with your new name :)

Last edited:
Email would probably be the best bet, I'll take it under consideration for future versions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.