• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question Template amendment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Sorry to be a pain... Just downloaded the vBMAil software, just want to confirm I am doing this amendment correct..

I have opened the class_mail.php and searched for $this->smtpSocket =

It appears to have found one instance but as you can see it mentions more text...

Class mail.JPG

Do I just add the code in the readme file above this line...

Stuart

Hi

HELP!! I have just installed the addon but two things happened...

First it seems to have sent an email to all users with the latest posts which I did not want to happen...

Second when I clicked on the new mailing list tab I received a Database error page... For now I have changed the class_mail back to how it was and deleted all the files for the add -on... and idea what I have done wrong:(

Plus I am not sure if the error as as per this email...

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.3:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
userfield.*, usertextfield.*, user.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(passworddate) AS passworddate, user.languageid AS saved_languageid,
IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid,
language.phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
language.phrasegroup_dbtech_vbmail AS phrasegroup_dbtech_vbmail,
language.phrasegroup_user AS phrasegroup_user,
language.phrasegroup_album AS phrasegroup_album,
language.phrasegroup_posting AS phrasegroup_posting,
language.phrasegroupinfo AS lang_phrasegroupinfo,
language.options AS lang_options,
language.languagecode AS lang_code,
language.charset AS lang_charset,
language.locale AS lang_locale,
language.imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
language.dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
language.timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
language.registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
language.calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
language.calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
language.logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
language.decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
language.thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep
, dbtech_usertag_settings.*, user.userid
FROM user AS user
LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON (user.userid = userfield.userid)
LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON (usertextfield.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN language AS language ON (language.languageid = IF(user.languageid = 0, 1, user.languageid))
LEFT JOIN dbtech_usertag_settings AS dbtech_usertag_settings ON(dbtech_usertag_settings.userid = user.userid)
WHERE user.userid = 1 LIMIT 1;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'language.phrasegroup_dbtech_vbmail' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054
Request Date : Sunday, April 23rd 2017 @ 08:38:13 AM
Error Date : Sunday, April 23rd 2017 @ 08:38:13 AM
Script : VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group Database Error
Referrer : VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group
IP Address : 91.229.223.234
Username :
Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
MySQL Version :

Last edited:
That error would have happened from someone accessing the files after you uninstalled the mod, but before you deleted the files. It's nothing to worry about.

Ahh... so someone may have clicked unsubscribe on the mail I did not expect to go out?

I have deleted everything for now, until I know what I did Lol ... Is there a way to stop it automatically sending the initial "digest" before I set it up? I did not want it to send any emails at all unless I created the news letter.... and it came as a surprise when I got loads of bounced emails... Wondered what was going on on a Sunday Lol ...

I will say the email it sent me though was blank :( plus when I clicked on the new "newsletter" tab that appeared it went straight to a database error notification.. that was before I removed anything....

May try test site first this time Lol

Just added to the test site, made no changed in admincp as yet but get quite a few errors...

1. As soon as I click on "mailing list" on the home page I get an error...

Capture.JPG

Any idea why.... I have uploaded all the files and made the template change....

Now running PHP 5.6

2. if I go to inactive user list and view, I get the first 15 members, if I click to view the next page i get this error...

Capture.JPG

3 It also created this error log

[23-Apr-2017 12:56:52 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): (42S22/1054): Unknown column 'language.phrasegroup_dbtech_vbmail' in 'field list' in /home/vwaf/public_html/xxxxxx/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1394

In case you need it this is the lines in the class_core.php

Capture.JPG

4. If I go into settings in the usercp and click on the settings link for the package I get the same vBulletin database error screen...

Last edited:
Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Just sending PM now... I really appreciate your help, it is bound to be somthing I have done wrong rather than your product, I did test on the default vB as well and does the same...

Really appreciate the support and help and once I know what I have done wrong can add to the live site :)

Excellent. .. thank you for your help... I will have a look tonight when I get home☺

Was it a code issue or something I had done?

Presume I just need to re-download ☺

Thank you. Will have a look at the test site tonight and download ☺

Was it just one issue or a few? Would gave thought others may gave had the issue..

Two separate issues, and I can't say why no-one else has reported the issues - doesn't matter anyway :)

No this must be me... lol

When I log in and click on mailing lists I get am message... You do not have permission to view this page.

Plus I still have the issue with ..

When I click on inactive users list I get the first page, when I click to view the next page I get an error, I also get if I go to mailing list manager and search users, first page shows then this error :(

Capture.JPG

Is it me? :( beginning to think this was a bad idea Lol :(

No matter what I change I still get the do not have permission message :( even when logging in with another account ----- FIXED :) You need to go to usergroup manager and say "can view mail" default is off...

Just the error on the two pages now I think that would be it then :)

Last edited:
Your welcome, and sorry to be a pain in the backside Lol ... I did log in and noticed it fixed, happy once I realised I needed to go into each usergroup and say "view mail" can't remember that in the instructions :) Lol

Do I need to download again now for my live site?

Really do appreciate the fantastic support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings