Bug Style Edits To Newsletter Template Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieDelta

Customer
I have the "dbtech_mail_newsletter" templated edited to match my site style closer. When I send mail it is the default style.

Would there be some old files I need to delete from older versions of mail?

IIRC it uses whatever style is set as the forum default style, due to the way the templates render when sending.

I have never used the Vbulletin Default style as my default.
These edits had been working for some time but I just recently noticed that it has changed.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand - I'm saying that the newsletter template may render as whatever style is being used by whoever triggers the cron job.

It's not a perfect system but unfortunately vBulletin does not natively support HTML emails so it's a hackish approach at best.

For full native support for HTML emails I would recommend switching to XenForo 2.

Well, I would love to switch to Xenforo 2, believe me, but it is just too daunting of a task for me to handle. URL redirects mostly.

I am sure I am not explaining my self properly. I am not using HTML I am simply editing your template and changing the color codes. I have vbulletin default style disabled so no one can use it so that rules out the trigger. I also send my self a test email which is triggered by me.

Nothing new yet, I'll let you know as soon as I have more information. I will leave this ticket open so I won't forget :)

The customisations were made to the wrong style. I've ported them over to the Responsive style (which is set as default), and the customisations now work as intended:

Before change:
1539956996213.png

After change:

1539957013515.png

So again I feel like an idiot. :giggle:
Thank you Fillip.
I am currently working on this responsive style and forgot that I had it selected at the time of starting this thread.

Hello @CharlieDelta,

We hope your ticket regarding vBMail has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating