CharlieDelta

Customer
I know that stock vBulletin comes with a basic subscription manager but it lacks in some important features. This is where I think DBT could come in.
  • Notifications of subscriptions ending through PM, visitor message, DBT notifications, or all of the above.
  • Separate notification for each subscription as some sites have multiple.
  • Subscription gifting - one member purchases subscription for another. The member receiving the gift subscription gets notification of the gift.
  • Subscription page for description of subscription.

More as they come to me.

Last edited:
I can only speak for 3.x, but the subscription system is woefully inadequate. So I support this request.

Paid subscriptions are a big money maker. Recurring subscriptions especially do.

Not being able to upgrade subscription levels, cancel them on-site, generate decent reports, offer targeted coupons and special offers, etc. is a pain. Requires daily constant email support.

Almost as bad is the no-permission response which needs to be tailored to specific actions and subscription levels (user groups).

Last edited:
4.x site subs does allow you to create recurring subscriptions.But that was built for site subs.And agree is basic. I just get the feeling the list you posted Charlie somehow has all dbtechs mods intergrated with it..;)

Yes you are correct, there is recurring subscriptions but they are really insufficient. Expiry notification for each individual subscription is really what will drive members to re-subscribe and would be an extremely important feature.

I totally agree and something I would be interested in.The code as we know has already been written within carts and donation systems.To take it a step further and add it to a subscription manager would be a real bonus.

Interesting. I'll take a closer look at the subs system in the next few weeks and see if i think it's something we could improve with a product =).

i already have 75% of these requests on my shelf, plus more features... these are commercial tools for 3.8.x, but can quickly be updated to 4.x... i'll do that by the week-end and check with the guys here if we can bundle something solid for you in the next days!

Nice! :)

i already have 75% of these requests on my shelf, plus more features... these are commercial tools for 3.8.x, but can quickly be updated to 4.x... i'll do that by the week-end and check with the guys here if we can bundle something solid for you in the next days!

Interesting. I'll take a closer look at the subs system in the next few weeks and see if i think it's something we could improve with a product =).

Any new thoughts on this?

Ozzy47 will be able to answer that better than me, I think vBDonate does have some subs features but it's not a fully featured overhaul by any means - it's outside of the scope of the mod to do that either to be honest, so i wouldn't expect it in future.

Yeah it is outside the scope of vBDonate, I started to add a subscription module to the mod, but stopped as it was taking way to long.

I will be looking to add subscription to donating in the future though.

But it will only be for donations, as far as a subscription manager that would be a separate mod in it's self.

Just wanted to add a fresh post on this as I think it is a very important mod and would greatly improve the stock subscription manager that is really lacking.