vBulletin 5.3 - SEO meta titles edition

Manux

Hello forum!

I have vBulletin 5.3 and I need to change meta titles for SEO. Now I can change meta title if I change title and URL as well at the same time....

I would like to be able to change meta titles of user posts and forums. Is there any tool available with vBulletin 5.3?

Thanks and regards.

You should not be running vBulletin 5 if you are interested in customising your forum. I'm not aware of any major development studio that actively supports vBulletin 5.

In other words, there's no plans to offer any such functionality for vB5.

Hello Fillip.

Why don't you solve this? When I purchased vBulletin in official site I purchased the latest version, and people who purchase vBulletin will purchase the latest version compatible with PHP 7.2.

Can you solve this and create SEO software for vBulletin 5?

Thanks and regards.

No. As I said previously no third party studio is offering support for vBulletin 5. vB5 is not suitable for customisation because of decisions taken by Internet Brands. It's a complete pain to develop for, and certain issues I reported back in 2012 during the developer beta for vB5 are still unresolved to this day.

They took several years to replicate a small fraction of the power vB4's customisation offered, and by then it was too late as all 3rd party developers had moved on to XenForo or IPS.

This is also why our existing vB5 add-ons have not been updated for several years and are only listed as compatible with vB 5.2. It would be a complete waste of time and resources to even attempt to update compatibility with the latest version of vB5.

Back