How many DBTech Pro Mods do you currently own?

• Total voters

IcEWoLF

Customer
So, how many Dbtech pro mods do you currently own?

I myself own 7+ and using every single one of them because DBTech is amazing at keeping every single one of their products up to date!

I use about 3 as not all of the products are useful for my site. Some i can get to do the same things for free (but probably not as good) for example, My VsA - Paypal donation system looks exactly like DB-Techs and it does all the features i want it to without the bloaty add-ons DB-Techs one has that i just don't need. I use Activity, Avatars and Shop so far as Pro's and i use the infopanels as Lite as i don't like the Top X stats bit and the pro features are pretty much useless to me.

Maybe i'm just a cheapskate but most of DB-Tech mods are litterally re-makes of mods already in existance, just with a few additional features so for me i can't justify paying that extra money for features i'm not going to use.

Yeah vBDonate was designed to look like VSA's mod on purpose, as it is a very popular mod, and most people like the layout. What is it in vBDonate that you feel is "bloaty"?

I think what he means is there are so many more features than the VSA addon that it makes it feel more bloated
For me at least, the more we have, the better it's going to be.
I like the current addon I have, it's been working for me well for the last 4 years, but many features are broken since the dev (AWJunkies) quit supporting his products about a year ago.
He has promised an update a year ago, yet none.
At least with DBtech you get the piece of mind that the mod will always be up to date with vBulletin and it's new releases, that's what makes DBTech so much diffent from free vs paid.
Even the lite addons are being kept up to date on a regular basis, many kudos to DBTech for doing that because I know it's not cheap rolling out updates and spend dev times to keep products up to date.

Eventually I want my website to only run DBtech addons and not having to use any other third party plugins because it will save me tons of time and also at the same time it will provide reliability.

Last edited:
Back