Bug several problems with

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have several problems with this AddOn.

Manage Forums: In the ACP-->DBTech - User Tagging-->Manage Forums i can untick several forum, but after i cklick "save", all forums are marked again.

I can use mention tu a usergroup like usergroupA. Sometimes it works, but most it does not. After i post the posting, the usergrou@"-part is not in the posting. Sometimes its in the posting, but without a funktion, only as normal words. Same with Hash Tags. Sometimes it works, but mostly it works not.

And one question: If i have a user (primary usergroup is "registered users", secondary usergroup is "adminA") and i deactivate the AddOn in "registered user"-group settings, the user can use the AddOn? Thats my plan. I want the AddOn only for the intern forums for admins, not for normal users.

thx in advance
regards
René

Manage Forums: In the ACP-->DBTech - User Tagging-->Manage Forums i can untick several forum, but after i cklick "save", all forums are marked again.
This is not a bug. You need to set max_input_vars to 100000 or higher in php.ini to be safe.

I can use mention tu a usergroup like usergroupA. Sometimes it works, but most it does not. After i post the posting, the usergrou@"-part is not in the posting. Sometimes its in the posting, but without a funktion, only as normal words. Same with Hash Tags. Sometimes it works, but mostly it works not.
This can happen if too many users are in that group, or if the group does not receive user group mentions.

And one question: If i have a user (primary usergroup is "registered users", secondary usergroup is "adminA") and i deactivate the AddOn in "registered user"-group settings, the user can use the AddOn? Thats my plan. I want the AddOn only for the intern forums for admins, not for normal users.
In vBulletin, "Yes" overrides "No", so if a user is a member of two groups, one of which has permission, then they will have permission.

First problem with max_input_vars=100000 solved, thx.

But mention to a usergroup dont work. If i mention "@groupA" , in the posting i see then "@myusername". I test it with several usergroups. In that groups are ~10-25 members.

Sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand. If you mention a user group, that mention (e.g. "@groupA") will be transformed into the list of members in that group, who will then be notified.

If this is what you are reporting, that is working as intended.

Then it is possible that you have either set a mention limit of 1 members per post, or the other 9 members have opted out of receiving mentions.

"Mentions at post" is set to "0".
I can Mention a Member of "groupA" directly, but if i mention "@groupA" only @myusername was shown in the posting.

Perhaps that user is the only user whose primary user group is the group you're trying to mention?

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Before we do that, one more insight, maybe that helps with the error search:
If i in that group i try to mention, in the posting appear "@myusername" instead of all the usernames of that group. If i´m not in the group i try to mention, in the posting appear nothing. If i only type usergroupB, i´m not in that group and click sent, then vB says, that the posting is empty and i must enter at least at one letter. If i post the following:

usergroupB
qwerty

and i´m not in usergroupB in the posting only "qwerty" appear.

It works now. Thx for your help. First i used the lite version of the plugin. I overwrite it with the pro version, that was the problem. Now i delete all the files from pro and lite an reupload the files again only from pro version. Now it works.

We have found out that if multiple groups are mentioned only the last group will "expanded" and mentioned all other groups are not recognized.

Example:
@GroupA
@GroupB
@GroupC

Will result in the post as:
@GroupA
@GroupB
@Member1OfGroupC @Member2OfGroupC @Member3OfGroupC

Does this work as expected? Or is it possible to mention multiple groups at once?

Okay, thanks for your anwser.

I have found a workaround for this. So if you want to mention all members of 3 groups you have to save the post 3 times. Only the last group in the list will always expanded. But this works only if no @member mentions are in the same row as the @group mention tag.

Maybe you could fix/support that in the future.

Thank you very much for the support.

Hello Virtual Racing,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings