• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THe Slug

Customer
Hi,

Since I tried to use the Gallery import which was partly successful now the search does not work, always bringing back a blank search result, for users, or photos even when you know they have albums and the album name.

Also the categories that were created and had albums in them, the links on the left side of the screen now no longer work.
When you click on them all you get is the latest pics that were uploaded, so its almost impossible to navigate the program any more.

Thanks your your attension.

When you say blank search results, do you mean a "no results" screen or a blank white page?

Can you provide me with an account on your site so I can see this in action?

It comes up with "no results",

But the fact we have lost the ability to see the other albums when you click on the links on the left is more worrying, with over 2000 photos and no way to get to them, the users are starting to get annoyed!

I have set up an account for you and PM'd the details.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry, I have been extremely busy with other duties. I will get to it as soon as I am able, my ability to support this mod is not as good as other mods because I was not the original developer of this modification.

Sorry for the delay :(

So I had to bit the bullet yesterday as we appear to be in a stalemate and removed the gallery completely.

Installed afresh loosing 2000+ pics in the hope of having a working system.

Added a few photos so we can test and this is the result:

So if I search using the exact pic name like P9170355.JPG it will find something. Clearly not practical .....

If we search using the "User" we get "This does not have any entries. " clearly it does as my profile shows I have loaded 33 photos
If I search by "Album" we get "This does not have any entries. " when again the album does exist and contains pics.

So the search appears only to work on the "FILE NAME"is that correct?

If so can a mod be put in place to search on other criteria? If not can you PLEASE offer some assistance in fixing it.
Thanks

Sorry for the delay :(

I've tested the search on your site and it appears to work correctly. It only searches by picture title, and the results returned are as expected when I attempt to search on your site just now.

I'm also unable to replicate any category browsing issues.

Feel free to attempt the import again and let me know when it's done so that I can test this again :)

Hi I'm so glad you tried the site yesterday, I have now done the import as you asked.

Now try the site again, you will see that the category browsing issues are back and you can no longer see the photos only the last imported photos.
I.E.

click on
All Categories
Shows
Rally Day Castle Combe

All you will get are the last imported photos that were imported into there own category "Old Gallery"

It would be nice if we could keep these last 596 photos having lost all the others, but we need a working gallery or it's no use to us.

Thank you for pointing out that only the "Image Name" is searchable I will tell everyone to rename all their photos or it will be of little use.

Can a MOD be looked at for the search function to work over more items like User, Album, etc?

Thanks

We Look forward to your reply.

The issue is that the imported images appear to not have any category association, and the gallery will display these images in every category in order to make them accessible.

You will need to edit the images and associate them with the correct categories.

Hi, So I have sorted all the photos into categories, this now only leaves me with albumd with nothing in them that need to be removed...

Any idea how to delet those? I do get a delete button when you click on the empty album but does not remove it.
If you login as the user I dont see a way of removing it either, so how do you delete empty albums created by the import function?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings