Status
Not open for further replies.

bmtanner3

Customer
Ok, so I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong and I've searched the support section thoroughly for the answer. The first thing I know Fillip H. is going to say is with vB 4.x.x, to add a chatbox to a specific page, edit the shoutbox instance, disable the auto-display and then add the {vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1} code to the particular template.

Herein lies the problem.

I was using TT Lite for a period of time before purchasing the Pro version. When I had the Lite version, the above instructions worked fine. I edited the dbt_tt template, added the bit of code and, voila, it worked. Once I upgraded to TT Pro, different story. I've edited it does not work at all. I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. And the craziest thing of all, if I just put that bit of code in the navbar template to make it display on all pages (which I don't want it to do), it shows on every page EXCEPT the TT section.

Just a couple things:

1) The instance name is the default so I am using the correct instance name.
2) I've tested this in FF, Safari and IE9 and all three don't display it in the TT section.

Finally, I was having a problem adding it to my arcade too but when I add it to the navbar template that worked fine. However, I don't want it to show on the CMS (Home) page. Anyway to be able to have a section NOT display it?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

To have it not display on vBCMS you would wrap it in <vb:if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != 'vbcms'"> </vb:if> :)

You could try manually adding it to the TT templates :)

Done that too. I've tried adding it to several different TT templates and for some reason it never shows. I tried both commands too and nothing (btw, the admincp code for manually adding instances is different from the 5.4.0 Upgrade text file code).

I even purchased the pro version in hopes that would solve the problem and no such luck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings