Question Out of 5 stars showing out of 10 in results

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcam

Customer
I have been unable to keep the stars at the right count. After much trial and error sequencing and toggling I am stuck. After a product uninstall and reinstall, thereafter resetting up instances, questions and permissions, and settings at initially 5 stars. A new thread rated shows out of 10. I have read through the support threads and the hotfixes mentioned do not seem to have been addressed in this case.

Also, toggling from the product settings to disable vBulletin's rating system did not work as I expected it to. I still had to go into each user group and disable the permissions to stop the default rating selection from appearing. I also had my forums disable thread ratings, thinking this product had its own system independent of the internal vBulletin's rating system.

Last, I don't understand Questions and their relevance. I had to create and select a question whose description is unapparent in relevance. All I have seen is just a thread rating positioned at its designated location. I desire to keep it compact without the ability to expand. Can someone explain what exactly questions are meant to do and perhaps an example so I can understand?

Looking at this site's thread ratings:

No change from last week
Overall Rating from 0 users:

Useful
Funny
Interesting
Well Written
On Topic

Maybe these are additional questions, but if I just want to skip questions, can the questions be irrelevant while still showing the rating control? I couldn't get it to show without trying my luck at questions.

Last edited:
The questions are meant to allow users to rate threads in different ways, such as the examples you see here. We do not use the mod actively @ this site, which is why you don't see any statistics.

I would create a single question called "rating" if you don't want to use the questions for anything beyond just simple ratings.

Also, I am not sure I understand your problem regarding 5 vs 10 stars. Where exactly are you seeing the problem? Can you post a screenshot?

Ahh, so it's likely a phrase issue. I will investigate further and get back to you when I have more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Thread Ratings

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back