Status
Not open for further replies.

Force

Customer
You know the Require options like Require Thanks to see content I find these don't seem to work I make a post click these options post the post login with my other account and nothing i don't have to click anything I still all content in the post even attachments if I decide to hide that as well. So do I need to add something change some option or what to make this work

You know the Require options like Require Thanks to see content I find these don't seem to work I make a post click these options post the post login with my other account and nothing i don't have to click anything I still all content in the post even attachments if I decide to hide that as well. So do I need to add something change some option or what to make this work
You will never be required to click Thanks to see the contents of your own posts, because you cannot click Thanks on your own posts. Having it work for your own posts would mean you'd be forever unable to see your post.

Also, for post content, you must wrap it in HIDE tags, if you didn't already know :)

still no reply
Unfortunately at 2 AM you're not guaranteed a reply :(

You will never be required to click Thanks to see the contents of your own posts, because you cannot click Thanks on your own posts. Having it work for your own posts would mean you'd be forever unable to see your post.

Also, for post content, you must wrap it in HIDE tags, if you didn't already know :)

Unfortunately at 2 AM you're not guaranteed a reply :(
I logged in on another account to see and nothing was hidden as to the hide part i remember making a post on that but cant see to find it on my profile

so that works for text without me adding the hide bb code or does that need bb code now what about say a video would that come under attachments and would I need the hide bb coding for that. from what i remember it was some bb coding for the hide part just cant remember the info to put. I clicked Require Test to see content tell me if it works

dont see the option here for that to click any way does not matter will not use it now to much bother

If you click Go Advanced you'll see the Require X to see Content, once you tick that box you can wrap your content in [*HIDE] [/*HIDE] (remove the stars) and the content will be hidden from everyone else until they click the button :)

Update: To clarify, you can edit a button in the Button Management screen and choose it to be the Default button, removing the need to hit Go Advanced and tick the Require boxes.

In other words, if you set Thanks to be the default button for Require to see Content, you can use the HIDE tags in Quick Reply and it will still require thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings