ImCoolBeans

I've been looking for a modification for my forum that allows you set a maximum age that you can register at. It's a teen forum, and I want to be able to make it so that if you register over the age of 19 it won't allow you to -- yes, I know lying is easy but every little bit helps. The modification would need to allow members who have joined before turning 20 to stay after they have passed 20 -- it would just need to check the age at registration.

This mod would be useful for any teen forum, and if one already exists could you show it to me?

Only issue I see with it is the lying, if I was to register and put my bd as March 25 1971 I would get a error message saying you are to old to register or something, so then I would click back and change it to March 25 2000

Only issue I see with it is the lying, if I was to register and put my bd as March 25 1971 I would get a error message saying you are to old to register or something, so then I would click back and change it to March 25 2000

What about a modification that "flags" a user and puts them in a specific group that only staff can see? Meaning when somebody over the age of 19 joins, they get flagged and then the staff can ban their account. That way they don't get the same heads up.

I'm running vB 3.8. btw

Last edited:
I dunno how feasible that is, maybe the error message could say, Registration Denied At This Time

The same could be said if you were to put then into a usergroup and leave them in limbo, or deleting their account. ;)

The same could be said if you were to put then into a usergroup and leave them in limbo, or deleting their account. ;)

I wouldn't ban them with no ban reason. I think it's easier to find duplicate accounts than it is to go and find overage accounts.

It's possible a Min / Max age dependency could be added to the Advanced Registration Mod Fillip H. will know for sure. But that probably won't help you as that mod is for vB4.x series not 3.x

Yeah it would be a simple enough addition to our advanced registration mod, but there are no plans to port it back to v3.8 as the market is too small sadly.

Back