Status
Not open for further replies.

typecast

Customer
I installed Activity Pro and I'm looking for some form of help file or manual or something that gives a run down on what everything is and how it works. Where can I find such a thing?:confused:

There's no manual available at this point in time. If you have any specific questions then just ask and I'll answer them ASAP :)

How do you delete an achievment that was given? I was testing and I achieved and achievment and now I want to remove it. How does this work?

Last edited:
Click the Delete link in the Achievements list. It will automatically be deducted from anybody who was awarded it.

Or, if you altered the criteria for the Achievement, you can use Maintenance -> Recalculate Achievements.

How can I set a competition to be won by the user with the most points? I'm running a contest for the month of December and the three users with the most points will win first, second and third place. I can't specify a number of points because I don't know how many points they will earn. Can you help on this?

Sorry, we can't tell you how many points your users will be earning. You can try to judge it by checking the Rankings page of vBActivity, sorting by weekly points, then picking the amount of points you think is fair.

For obvious reasons this check is best done on a Sunday :p

Sorry, we can't tell you how many points your users will be earning. You can try to judge it by checking the Rankings page of vBActivity, sorting by weekly points, then picking the amount of points you think is fair.

For obvious reasons this check is best done on a Sunday :p

Maybe you misunderstood, I know you can't predict how many points the users will be earning, that would be like predicting the lottery.

I'm just asking is there a way to take the person with the highest points and give them an award as the winner of a contest. Highest points after 30 days = top winner, second highest points = second place etc.

Since your system is already tracking point totals it seems like this would a very easy addition. Any possibility of this?

On a different note, I setup the criteria for an achievement for 25 posts, >= 25 and the achievement is earned. I have 25 posts and the achievement is not being given. Why is this?

It did finally show up after post 26, but shouldn't it have showed up on post 25?

Last edited:
Maybe you misunderstood, I know you can't predict how many points the users will be earning, that would be like predicting the lottery.

I'm just asking is there a way to take the person with the highest points and give them an award as the winner of a contest. Highest points after 30 days = top winner, second highest points = second place etc.

Since your system is already tracking point totals it seems like this would a very easy addition. Any possibility of this?
Ah, that is a contest type we intend to support in a future version :)

On a different note, I setup the criteria for an achievement for 25 posts, >= 25 and the achievement is earned. I have 25 posts and the achievement is not being given. Why is this?

It did finally show up after post 26, but shouldn't it have showed up on post 25?
Did you make the 25th post before or after you set the criteria?

I made the 25th post well after I set the criteria. I would love to see the implementation of a cumulative points total column in the leaderboard as well as the ability to run contests with the total points = winner criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back