Bug Liking a post notifies user who liked it

Status
Not open for further replies.

soniceffect

Customer
when a user likes someone elses post, they are themselves getting a notification to say they have liked it. This is also happening when quoting someone.

Incidentally this also happens with the quotes in the usertagging mod.

They don't actually get a notification in their notification bar, but it does appear on their profile. This is intended behaviour :)

They don't actually get a notification in their notification bar, but it does appear on their profile. This is intended behaviour :)

No this is an actual notification in the bar. I understand they should show in the profile. Only seems to happen periodically too for some strange reason.

EDIT: I actually thought some of my members were losing the plot till I experienced it myself.

Hmm, is there any way of reliably reproducing it?

Without such a way I'm not sure if I have any chance of fixing it I'm afraid :(

I can confirm this also happens with 3.8.9.

Not found a way to reproduce it though - but yes, they get a notification alert when they do an action themselves!

I noticed it on the notification bar here on dbtech within the last week or two. Displaying both giving and receiving. I thought I was losing my mind. I was so confused :RpS_confused: then I moved on... then a few days later it happened again. :RpS_huh:

I will keep my eyes pealed the next time. :RpS_blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings