Customer
I haven't installed this yet, so don't really know if it's a bug or not,
but I'm seeing this on this forum:

https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/registration.php?do=statistics
28th July 2012 - 15:34
N/A
Registered
Details

& on this (https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/registration.php?do=details&action=user&userid=7904)
28th July 2012 - 15:34
Irakli Tavartkiladze
irakli_tavartkiladze@hotmail.com

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but on the global statistic page you don't see the email-address for that user,
but when you clicked on details for that user, you do see there email-address on that page...

I thought to mention this...

Hmm odd.

I don't think this is a bug (I honestly don't see any problems with the code).

What I believe is happening is a user is signing-up with an empty email (although I'm not sure if this is possible) then changing their email later. The details section grabs the email they use currently, so it can be different from the one they signed up with.

Looking more closely at the registration code it doesn't seem possible for a user to do what I mentioned above. I really have no idea how this is occurring and cannot reproduce it. I'll keep investigating.

As I said before, I haven't installed it, nor have it tested it,
but is there is possibility for a user to hide his e-mail-address???
if they can, maybe it's something in that direction?
I don't know, just trying to help ;)

Yes, there is options for users to hide their emails but this page doesn't respect that. I actually will look into respecting those permissions in the next update (didn't even think about that feature).

I really don't have a clue how this could happen, but I've tried changing the execution order of the plugin to see if by some chance it was another add-on interfering.

Good news (everyone)! :)

Fillip H. has helped me find out exactly why this happens! IT was due to users registering through FaceBook which would not save the email to a particular place that I used to grab the email and store it when a new user has registered.

The fix is quite easy, I chose a different place that will always have the correct email populated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Registration

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings