Status
Not open for further replies.

Batskes

Customer
Fist off. Thanks for the kind words on the layout. I've tried many ways, but IMO this is the easiest to control!

I was saying that this mod is seeming to be the exact mod I needed. I used to run 4 or 5 different forums based around specific things such as Minecraft, General gaming, Music and The Internet/Social Sites. But everything just go so hard to handle.

I've tried the navtabs but seem to be getting gremlins in my forum system that just causes it not to work 100% (not the mods problem!) but in the time that it was working, my members got to test it out and found it helped to save confusion. Then I installed Forum Tabs and they loved it They were able to add their favourite forums but the one problem was when they selected a specific forum (just the same as me trying to create forum tabs) they got all the parents with it too.

I've bought the Pro version of this for 3 months as it is simply seeming to be almost the perfect solution for a forum with such a broad discussion table as mine to be able to give their members only the content they wish to see but at the same time, they can add any others randomly or delete them and ignore those forums. In turn, it also gives every forum user pretty much the right to create their very own forum layout I should easily have the lifetime purchased in the next month.

Would there be a way to implement this feature into the Pro version. TBH (I would hope that I could still purchase for the price it is now) I would think that if this feature was somehow implemented, you could raise the price of the Pro version substantially (easily over $100) and would have people coming just for this added solution.

With a few tweaks and subdomains set, you can pretty much run as many layouts that you want for specific targets without them being confused by a large layout. If you know what you are doing with addon domains, you may even get away with some particular forum users not ever knowing there is a giant other forum they are an active part of!

As an example. csgo.b475.net would link directly to the forum tab layout that is set to see all the forums associated with CSGO on one page, sorted, change the forum skin and make it look like a completely separated forum (similar to what the CerbrusMod on vb org would do with vB but with in essence only using one domain to actually run the forum).

Cheers guys. This is the first forum mod that I've ever paid for (usually just deal with lite versions). Great work.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks for posting this as a feature request :)

Glad you like the product, we've worked hard on it. Literally dashing out of the house now, but will come back and post a few questions when I get in this afternoon :)

No problems. Always happy to help those I can see that care about products (and DBTech have a fair few...)

I'll make out a few ideas of what I meant. I'll also add anything I can think of and you can choose to say yay or nae on each etc :D

*Having only the forums you select show in the forum tab. Currently shows all parent forums. (*a*)

*Setting a default order by organising forum numbers in an extra option/menu only using numbers.

*Spacers? A way to add a spacer between forums if wanted to allow for category separations.

*User selected set ups. A way to somehow drag and drop order? I know sounds pretty intense, highly unlikely, but an idea.

*Not really up to creative mode at this point in time so can only really think of those addages.

*a* further explanation. in brackets are example forum numbers..
I have the setup:
*B475 Services (1)
**B475 Gaming (2)
***B475 Gaming Server Information (4)
****B475 CounterStrikeGO Server Information (5)
**B475 Webhosting (3)
*Gaming Discussions (6)
**Action Games (7)
**First Person Shooters (8)
***Counter Strike (9)
****CounterStrike 1.6 (10)
****CounterStrike Global Offensive (11)
*****CSGO Mapping (12)
*****CSGO Modding (13)

I only want the Counterstrike forums to show So I would set up

This would Show only two forums. No parents.
*B475 CounterStrikeGO Server Information (5)
*CounterStrike Global Offensive (11)
**CSGO Mapping
**CSGO Modding (13)

Last edited:
Ok, got a few more mins to comment on this (5 min break in my day :) ). Some of those ideas we have plans to work on already, so that looks good.

To explain a bit more about the method we are using at the moment. We manipulate the displayed forums by selecting only the forums we want from the forumlist. One of the big headaches with vB is that it only allows you to have category forums at the bottom of the 'tree'. We can (in testing) fake the category we are using, so it may be possible to allow exactly what you are wanting but that in turn would require a change to the approach we are using at the moment. I will have a look over the ideas in more depth over the next days to get an idea of what that might take.

Your suggestion about organising the favourites is something I wanted to look at next. So hopefully we can get that worked on.

Could you post each of these ideas as a separate request? It will help me better track them and the feasibility of each one.

Thanks again for supporting us and for the excellent ideas. Let's see what we can make possible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.