Status
Not open for further replies.

rockdrummer43

I have followed the instructions completely. The readme has instructed to chmod the aop folder to 07773, so I figured to chmod it to 773. The shoutbox itself works fine, but I just cannot edit or add another chat instance. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the mod yet it still fails to allow me to edit the default chat instance or even add a new one. I can add chat rooms fine though.

Hmm, I'm looking at the readme.txt file and it says
2. CHMOD the /dbtech/vbshout/aop folder to 0777
- nothing about 07773. This wouldn't be the cause of your issue, but it would prevent the actual front-end from working correctly.

Could you please be more specific when you say "fails to allow me to edit or add"? Any error messages?

I uninstalled, and deleted all the files via ftp, reuploaded, chmodded the aop folder to 777 and yet it still fails to edit the instance, or create a new one. There are absolutely no errors. Pretty much after I get done making all my changes in the chat instance edit and click "Save", it acts like I never even made any changes, it just keeps it at the default install settings.

Last edited:
Does clicking Repair Cache under the DBTech - vBShout admincp menu group work?

Are you running any cache systems either via mods like vBSEO, via vBulletin's config.php or via the server?

Also I tried visiting vbshout.php on your server but I got a database error - you may want to inspect your "technicalemail" (config.php directive) and find the error message there :)

Here is the MYSQL Error I get:

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'phrasegroup_dbtech_vbshout' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054

So for some reason, the install xml didn't create a column.

Any ideas on how to fix?

That's normal, try vbshout.php?do=archive&instanceid=1 for instance.

What about the other parts of my post, did any of those make a difference?

I don't have VBSEO installed at all, besides that, what other mods are cache systems? I also am running vBaCMPS if that would interfere with anything.

Nah, that shouldn't interfere.

What about clicking Repair Cache under the DBTech - vBShout admincp menu group, does that make the new instances show up?

In that case, could you please PM me with an FTP account as well as an AdminCP account? If so, I'll look into it :)

The FTP is a no go, it's not that I don't trust you specifically, I just don't trust anyone other than myself with FTP access, but I can allow access to the Admin CP, I have a chat on my site or you can walk me through the FTP steps via PM on this (DBTech) site if you would like?

Unfortunately that won't suffice, I need to add debug code to the vBShout files. Debug code adjusts depending on what each output finds, and it's not feasible for me to guess the code and talk you through editing the files :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back