• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus

The names of people who dislike are not shown per my preference, but I would like the profile block to give a bit more info on posts that were disliked. Is there a way to code the profile block to say "[number of users who disliked this post] clicked Dislike for this post: [url of post that was disliked]"? I thought it would be better than just random characters and no info at all inside profile blocks.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're saying.

If someone dislikes a post, and dislikes are anonymous, it will simply display "Hidden Content" in lieu of the username. This is intended functionality, and required in order for the profile tabs to operate correctly.

I was asking was there a way to code the profile tab to list the post that was disliked without listing the name of the person who disliked the post? Even though the names of dislikes are anonymous I still wanted members to get notifications for their posts that were disliked. Instead of just saying "hidden content", I wanted it to say "hidden content disliked the post [link to the post that was disliked here]".

this way they'll be able to click the links to posts that were disliked in their profile tabs.

Last edited:
Oh I see, doesn't it currently say for instance "18:00 -=Hidden Content=- clicked Dislikes for post Test"?

I do believe that is the intended display, otherwise you'd have the "ghost notification" problem, similar to Advanced User Tagging had prior to its latest version update if a member was mentioned in a forum they did not have permission to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back