Question Can't seem to make the mentions work

Status
Not open for further replies.

feverc5

Customer
Can't seem to make the mentions work -- I've gone through every user group and gave it ever mention, tag, tag flood, ect. I can't seem to mass tag a group. What am I doing wrong?

Did you change the user group setting (not permission) that allows it to be mentioned?

By default, no user groups have that setting turned on, as it should be a conscious choice to turn it on rather than just a default setting.

Edit the user group itself, not the permissions, and you'll find the flag :)

changed this setting on every usergroup

Is mentionable: checked
Can Mention user groups: yes

And when people try to mention me directly, I cannot get them, however there are some people saying they received them and some saying they aren't.

It doesn't seem to be consistently sending.

Disable all other modifications and try again, do note that it's not recommended to enable "Is Mentionable" for registered users as that can have a negative impact on performance.

Registered users are turned off for mentionable and i tried with the other mods disabled to no avail.

Does this mod not work similarly to the vbulletin version?

Also, I am seeing this tag -- yet I am not actually tagged in the post. I checked with the author and they did not tag me.

Attachments

• ghost tags.PNG
    ghost tags.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Hello @feverc5,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte User Tagging has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte User Tagging

XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating