Bug Blog post url

Status
Not open for further replies.

control

Customer
When I turn on dbseo some of my blog URLs are blogs/[user_name]/[blog_id]-[blog_title].html and some are blogs/[user_name]/[blog_id]-[blog_title]-a.html

I can't seem to find where that extra letter is coming from.

Second with dbseo the next and prev buttons don't work on the blog

This is working as intended. When the blog_title ends in a number, it adds the -a in order to not confuse the URL formats with other formats.

Is there a way you can add this in on one of your next updates?
As it would currently create massive amounts of conflicts, it's unlikely we will implement this functionality.

What url confusion does it prevent?
All URL formats break down to what is essentially regular expressions. A title ending in a number will have a chance of being mistaken as being a completely different URL than it actually is, and it's not feasible for us to ask our customers to check over 200 URL formats to make sure their breakdown components have no chance of being confused with each other.

As it would currently create massive amounts of conflicts, it's unlikely we will implement this functionality.

All URL formats break down to what is essentially regular expressions. A title ending in a number will have a chance of being mistaken as being a completely different URL than it actually is, and it's not feasible for us to ask our customers to check over 200 URL formats to make sure their breakdown components have no chance of being confused with each other.

Can this be something custom you can do for me? Of course I will pay you for this service.

I apologize if you don't want an old thread resurrected, but I have the same issue...

Thanks. Also anything on the prev and next buttons not working?

I am unable to replicate this issue on your site, nor on this site.

The prev / next links just keep you in the same blog post.

Modest rebound - Blogs - TSP Talk Forums

Prev takes you here... Modest rebound - Blogs - TSP Talk Forums

Next takes you here... Modest rebound - Blogs - TSP Talk Forums

Any thoughts / ideas to try? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update