Status
Not open for further replies.

jackd

Can this mod be used to make a member post a reply before downloading an attachment versus just hitting the thanks or like buttons.

Regards

That is not currently a feature of this mod, no, as it was not designed to be a dedicated "HIDE Hack" :)

That is not currently a feature of this mod, no, as it was not designed to be a dedicated "HIDE Hack" :)

Well that is a shame.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

Well I thought I'd give the lite version a try and see if it something I wanted before buying. According to vB.org the lite version is supposed to be able to prevent downloads before hitting the thanks button. Well it does not work. Am I missing something here. Is this supported for vB 4.1.9

Thanks for your time.

Advanced Post Thanks / Like does not currently integrate with any download mod, could you please quote the specific part that lead to you to believe this? I'll then clarify the text to avoid future confusion :)

Look at what version of vBulletin we are running on this site for the answer to the 2nd question ;)

Advanced Post Thanks / Like does not currently integrate with any download mod, could you please quote the specific part that lead to you to believe this? I'll then clarify the text to avoid future confusion :)

Look at what version of vBulletin we are running on this site for the answer to the 2nd question ;)

I never said anything about any download mod,

A cut and paste from the description as follows.

Require a Button CLick: Allows you to hide the content of a post, or hie an attachment, until the person clicks a button on the post.

I assume that means hide an attachment, if so then the lite version is not working as proposed.

I would be interested in the pro version if this option worked.

I never said anything about any download mod,
According to vB.org the lite version is supposed to be able to prevent downloads before hitting the thanks button.
This is the first time I've heard attachments being referred to as downloads, that's why the confusion happened :)

I assume that means hide an attachment, if so then the lite version is not working as proposed.
Have you clicked the "Go Advanced" button and used the form elements there to require x to see attachments?

OK I have this sorted out now and one question before going to the pro version. Can I remove the button "Require Thanks to see content" completely and just have the other option, "Require Thanks to see attachments"

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.