Question AdminCP Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARSH

Customer
I am trying to add a new user as an administrator. I've edited my config.php file to add his user ID number to the appropriate places. Double checked his number is in Super Admins. In his user manager I checked the box Administrator.

When he logs in he sees the Admin button and Mod button at the bottom of his screen. When he clicks the admin button he gets the following message:

Your IP address (xx.xxx.xxx.xx) is currently awaiting authorization to be enabled for the user steveb. Please check the email address associated with your account and click the authorization link.

He never gets this authorization email. We have tried everything. Is there a way I can manually authorize his IP address or allow him access? I believe this is happening because we have vBsecurity installed. Can you verify if this is caused by vBsecurity or is it a standard vBulletin feature? Thanks for any help you can give.

Yes, this is because of vBSecurity. You can disable the IP verification via the Administrator Permissions interface, where there's a setting to enable the bypass.

Fillip,

Could I get more specific instructions. I'm not seeing what you described. In admincp I found DBTech - vBSecurity. Inside there I have the following:

AdminCP Logins Viewer
Admin Strikes Viewer
Login Strikes Viewer
Change Log Viewer
Security Recommendations
Security Settings: vBOptions
Security Settings: Usergroups
Security Settings: Passwords
Security Settings: Admins
Security Watchers: General
Security Watchers: Logins
Security Watchers: vBOptions
Security Watchers: User Data
Security Watchers: Usergroup
Security Watchers: Permissions
Manage Settings Snapshots
Maintenance
Settings

Inside Settings > DragonByte Tech: vBSecurity - General Settings at the very bottom I changed:

IP Logging Enabled - No
IP Logging: Enable Email Alerts - No

Both of those were Yes. After changing them to No he still gets the verify email screen.

Hello MARSH,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSecurity

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings