Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I was about to buy Credits II and maybe the RPG but when I went to paypal I was asked to pay +20%
This shocked me extremly. I never ever in my paypal-time I had to pay any extra fees.
Could I please know why this is happening ?
This is kind of false advertising for me =/

Also I see this seems to be the new infernotechnologies and I see one of the old guys, Cosmic here.
So I wanted to ask if I now maybe gain again support for my RPG-License I bought back in time which was usable for only around 3 Weeks and then the forum went off ?
Or at least some sort of "payback" ?

Is the new RPG getting a discount for old customers ?

Sorry if the one or other question is already been answered but I didn't know about a revival of the site.

kind regards

Hi there,

The extra 20% Is VAT - a tax we are required by UK law to charge to EU residents/businesses. There is a note when you are purchasing telling you that the price you see does not include VAT "2) VAT will be added at time of checkout if applicable."

We cannot legally display only the VAT inclusive price because we do not charge it to customers outside of the EU (and are not legally allowed to charge it). As a result we show the price without VAT and have the above notice on the checkout pages directly below the Terms & Conditions acceptance checkboxes to ensure everyone sees them.

Companies who do not charge VAT either do not qualify for VAT as their EU turnover is insufficient, or they are breaking the law by not charging/paying tax. You will find that vBulletin itself is required to charge VAT for instance. They also show the non-VAT inclusive price until they are made aware that your country is based in the EU in a country they have to pay VAT in (Set it to United Kingdom to see an example), just like us. The only difference is they force you to manually input your address before completing the sale, whereas we simply get the country ID from PayPal to help retain our customers privacy.

DragonByte Technologies Ltd isn't part of Inferno Technologies or associated with it - it's an entirely separate company. One of the former owners (me) is also one of the current owners of DragonByte Technologies Ltd, but none of the other staff or owners who were involved with Inferno Technologies are involved in DragonByte Technologies.

We cannot support Inferno Technologies products because the coder of those products (Zero Tolerance) is in no way involved with DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Regarding a discount for former customers of Inferno Techologies, this is a quote from our pre-sales FAQ:

"Q: I previous bought Inferno vBShout, does that mean i get this one for free?

A: Unfortunately no. Zero Tolerance isn't involved with the new vBShout. and it would be unfair of Fillip to have to pay for his actions. If former Itech customers can PM me proof of purchase though, they will be given a 25% discount on vBShout Pro)"

While there is no provision in there regarding the forumon RPG (because it is an entirely different system and has 0 similarities to Inferno RPG), in this instance if you can provide proof of purchase of Inferno RPG I would be happy to offer a 25% discount to you for Forumon RPG.

Hopefully that answers all of your questions.

Regards,

Cosmic

Last edited:
Hello,

thanks for the questions.
But why did I never need to pay extra on Steam? GOG? CDWOW?
Never ever needed to pay any extra VAT ever and I buy pooploads of stuff online. Just very curious, since this never ever happened to me and also not on Inferno ;P

About Inferno RPG
Will you ever re-create it ? Because that was the absolutely best Addon I had in all my 16 Years of Forum-Administration.

About proof of payment, that would be no problem. Is your @aol.com Mail from a few years back still valid ?

I read the VB Shout Part, but that was no related to the RPG, so I asked ;)

Thanks for the fast reply :)

Hello,

thanks for the questions.
But why did I never need to pay extra on Steam? GOG? CDWOW?
Never ever needed to pay any extra VAT ever and I buy pooploads of stuff online. Just very curious, since this never ever happened to me and also not on Inferno ;P

About Inferno RPG
Will you ever re-create it ? Because that was the absolutely best Addon I had in all my 16 Years of Forum-Administration.

About proof of payment, that would be no problem. Is your @aol.com Mail from a few years back still valid ?

I read the VB Shout Part, but that was no related to the RPG, so I asked ;)

Thanks for the fast reply :)

No problem.

As far as paying extra on steam etc - it's likely because when you sign up for an account with them you already state your location - as such they add the VAT to the prices you see by already having that info on hand. That's purely a guess, since i don't have access to their systems, but I do know for a fact Steam at the very least charges VAT, not familiar with the other two. Other potential solutions are they serve different pages to people from different countries (You'll notice that the prices you see tend to be in your local currency for instance). Not sure exactly how they do it, but if they take the information from a different location they could push the VAT price to you prior to hitting PayPal. We don't track any customer info like that though.

There aren't any plans to recreate the inferno RPG at the moment unfortunately, sorry :(

AOL mail isn't valid anymore :)

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back