• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question Whay sitemap to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

markoroots

Customer
What sitemap to use

Hi there,
please can I know what sitemap file name, is the right one to load in Google Webmaster Tools?
And also, I have moved my forum to a new url
but I'm seeing that are been indexed only the "Archive"s pages
or better the pages of the archive where are also stored the threads but without any graphic.

What I can do?

Last edited:
First of all, you should disable the search engine friendly archive in the vBulletin Options. It no longer serves any purpose.

Secondly, the correct URL is domain.com/dbseositemap.php
Please delete all other sitemaps from GWT and submit only that sitemap, and Google will take care of the rest.

Hi Fillip,
I have all disabled in the friendly urls of Vb.
friendlyurl.png

But if you type site:vaporizerforum.com on google you can see that there are many duplicates contents, because the bot see the "achive"s pages and the normal ones, so that the site is still declassed by google.

You should turn off the Search Engine Friendly Archive in vBulletin, as it serves no purpose in this day and age :)

But... I see that on Google Webmastre Tools
the dashboard of the site show now urls sent.
I have build the dbseositemap.php and I have sent to google, but a meesage say that there are 2 errors.

These the 2 errors found in the sitemap:
Type: Errors
Problem: The sitemap is empty.
Description: The Sitemap does not contain URL. Validating your Sitemap and resubmit it.

Errors forund: Sitemap: www.vaporizerforum.com/dbseositemap.php?fn=dbseo_sitemap_forum_3.xml.gz
Sitemap: www.vaporizerforum.com/dbseositemap.php?fn=dbseo_sitemap_member_1.xml.gz

I have tried also to rebuild the sitemap again, but it's the same.

And also what from these sitemaps I must send to google?

/dbseositemap.php

/includes/cron/sitemap.php

/xmlsitemap.php

Last edited:
As per my previous post, only /dbseositemap.php should be submitted.

If some of your content types has no URLs, you can disable them from the DBSEO Control Panel.

Ok great. Many thanks Fillip. :)

Another thing, I see that my site don't go up in the google index from when I have moved my forum in this new siteurl, now are 20 days or more.
Also by typeing "vaporizer forum" on google it's still on the 3°page, the same page that was when I open it, it's blocked there.

Do you think it have something wrong??
Isn't that I have forget some old url in same place or something else that block it?

Please can I know what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

As this ticket has received no further replies, I'll close it. If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back