Question VBSEO Migration Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifitsmedia

Customer
Please provide some clear instructions for migration from VBSEO to DBSEO.

The included txt file offers almost nothing and gives two options for modifying .htaccess - but no indication of when to choose either option or why. There is no indication of when to de-activate VBSEO.

You should probably consider making this information readily available, at least as a sticky in this forum.

I activated DBSEO with VBSEO still active, imported VBSEO settings, then changed all instances of "vbseo" to "dbseo" in my .htaccess file as instructed in the included txt file. This resulted in redirect loops for all my forum pages. Obviously something went wrong or I have missed a required step somewhere.

It doesn't really matter in what order you do things, just make sure you end with disabling vBSEO and making sure there are no references to vBSEO or its sitemap in the .htaccess file :)

Thanks, that is helpful.

When uninstalling VBSEO, there is an option to clean up VBSEO database data or leave it in the database. Does DBSEO need this data or can I use the clean up option?

vBSEO doesn't really do anything to the database, only the "Likes" is added. You can import them into APTL, and after that's done it's safe to uninstall the vBSEO product.

Once vBSEO has been imported into DBSEO, it's safe (and strongly recommended) to delete all vBSEO files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings