Bug The Classieds bars show the items always in the same position

Status
Not open for further replies.

markoroots

Customer
Hi Matt,
I see that the bars "classic" and "Featured" show the items always in the same way, from the oldest item to the new.
So each time you load the page you see always the same items.
And in this way the bars loose their utility.
Would be good if all the items in these bars are always shown random, or that the admin have the possibility to choose the way preferred.

And would be good also in the home page of the plugin to have the possibility to show the articles listed in horizontal also in random mode.
These are really important things.
Thanks in advance

Hi Matt,
I see that the bars "classic" and "Featured" show the items always in the same way, from the oldest item to the new.
So each time you load the page you see always the same items.
And in this way the bars loose their utility.
Would be good if all the items in these bars are always shown random, or that the admin have the possibility to choose the way preferred.

And would be good also in the home page of the plugin to have the possibility to show the articles listed in horizontal also in random mode.
These are really important things.
Thanks in advance

I'll have a look and see what we can do about it. I know random options was on my to do list somewhere, I'll check where it is... :D

Ok good. :) Mokonzi please can you tell me where and what code to modify to set the random way for these bars?
Because in this way the bars are really not useful...
Thanks in advance Matt.

That than... are always shown the same 6 or 8 items.
Each time the users refresh or change the page the bars shown always the same firsts items.
Look here to my site Sigaretta Elettronica Forum
and turn inside the forum where the bar can be active. Is active in all the place.

Ok good. :) Mokonzi please can you tell me where and what code to modify to set the random way for these bars?
Because in this way the bars are really not useful...
Thanks in advance Matt.

Check out this area to see if the settings work:

AdminCP > DBTech - Classifieds > DragonByte Tech: Classifieds - Advert Settings

That page has a lot of settings for random/ordering. The last time I knew they worked properly. Note that if you set to a number (for example 5) and you have less than 5 or less that fall into that category (for example featured) then you will find it will show the same ones in a random order.

Matt

Check out this area to see if the settings work:

AdminCP > DBTech - Classifieds > DragonByte Tech: Classifieds - Advert Settings

That page has a lot of settings for random/ordering. The last time I knew they worked properly. Note that if you set to a number (for example 5) and you have less than 5 or less that fall into that category (for example featured) then you will find it will show the same ones in a random order.

Matt

Hi Matt,
It is setted in random mode, but the order of the items exposition in the bars is always the same.
Random.png

Hello markoroots,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Fixed.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Hello markoroots,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Fixed.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Classifieds

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings