Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwaltz4

Former Developer
An upcoming beta will include the game editor, but I hear its pretty common to have a lot of games. I want to make this process as easy as possible.

I was thinking to make it operate similarly to the game import screens.
Heres a small survey you can answer as much as you want, or anything you want to bring up before I dive in.

Remember: these questions are as they relate specifically to using the admincp to edit the details about a game you have already installed into your arcade.
Also, this is more for those who have come from a previous arcade to relate their experience to this new one.

So, how many games have you added to vbarcade already?
how many did you have on your previous arcade?
How often do you edit a game after its been added?
How do you find a specific game?
How do you browse the games in general?
What did previous arcades do that you liked?
what do you wish you could do?
Do you like applying changes to many games at once?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Only maybe 25 or so, I've been purposefully keeping them low during this testing.

About 75 or so, but I wanted more, but had issues with the arcade and was really just disillusioned with it.

Very rarely, but sometimes to reset scores if someone was cheating, etc.

Search first usually, then category if I think it should be somewhere.

Using the category tabs

• [*=1]Ability to reset scores for a specific game[*=1]Edit Icon for the game (as well as all fields really for the game)[*=1]Disable high score keeping for a particular game[*=1]Change the category of a game[*=1]Change the scoring direction (high/low scoring type of game)[*=1]Enable/Disable tournaments for this game[*=1]Minimum requirements per game, like in the global settings, but also per game. This allows for premium games.[*=1]Specify usergroups per game, also allows for premium games for special members[*=1]All time champions scores that you could reset, but they didn't go away by default when resetting high scores. This allowed people to get "#1" but not necessarily the all time high score, keeps them playing.
  • [*=1]Assign someone rights to admin the arcade without having to give them any other sort of admin rights on my forum.[*=1]Charge currency per game[*=1]Jackpots on/off per game[*=1]Jackpot payout type (Full/percentage of current pot)[*=1]Jackpot increments by (percentage of coinage used to play)[*=1]Statitics screen for the game to see how often it's played, who plays it the most and if possible a timeline of how often it's played. It might get played like crazy for a week and then never again. We need to know when a game is no longer popular (even if it does have 10000 plays on it) so we can remove it.[*=1]Edit the instructions per game. Most games don't have much in the way of instructions, but we can always get members to write them up and then we can add them in.
Not really, never had a need to do so.​

Last edited:

-Never

-I usually search on mochigames directly or another site with arcade

-With search function

-We did not have any arcade before

B-e able to start contest/events/ and give challenge
-Nominate player of the month or week
-Maybe to have an option to have less details when we click "All" tab so we could see more game there at time
-Allow members to suggest games
I probably have more ideas if I think more :p

-yes

**I have been away for a few days I will be back fully tomorrow for testing again**

currency related stuff will not be part of vbarcade (jackpots, charging, etc) but instead will be left for whatever integrated points addon will handle it.

you can already use the permission screen to set requirements and usergroups to specific games, and will not be duplicated in the game editor.

Sounds good. A suggestion might be maybe to add categories to the permissions as well. Might be much easier than setting say perms on 3000 games of 4000 games, etc.

vb:I cant at the moment. ib:depends on feedback from members
Google, Tags
Hit the tag 'gems' etc then look through them or over at mochi itself.
Multi add bulk categorys
1)Single game > option to 'Add another game' and not click the import tab again
2)Same category layout as arcade with the exception of 'favourite' tab but with only image and name, then options > Delete | Add Category | Reset Score | Remove Member Score | Reset Highscores (for tourney) [Tick options on each game]
Reason for layout, so much easier finding culprit games, wysiwyg in a way I suppose.
3)Remove some game description ; eg Tobes has a linkback and has 'available on kongregate' which I dont want
Uhuh.

never, unless a member reports its not working
ipbroarcade
?
reset scores
add a single game
Reset scores
add a single game
yes

200 +

Almost never other than to change the scoring direction from high to low or low to high

Most arcades have a search function in the ACP to make finding games much easier for the purpose of editing, if you are referring to games being added to your site. there are many sites offering game downloads that are supported on most popular arcade scripts.

I rely heavily on the search function in the arcade, if a game is reported it allows me the ability to check the game out prior to having to go into the ACP. The arcade for Invision gives you the ability to also play the game from the ACP

Activity monitor so that members could see what was going on in the arcade
scrolling marquee with the latest high scores (usually runs across the top of the page below the nav bar)
broken game report that can either post a report in the forum, or send a PM to designated staff members so that the game can be checked
notifications to a member when their high score has been beaten, with the option for the member to allow or disable the notifications

Nothing more than what has already been posted here

Yes and no, yes if it is a change that applies to more than one game such as changing the scoring direction, otherwise, I do not use the edit game function that often

to clarify again... i suppose i meant these questions again for those who had used a different arcade :(

so... how do you find a specific game: when you want to edit within your own list of installed games on your own arcade, how often do you edit: obviously in the past, since you cant edit in vbarcade yet. how do you browse the games: still, while editing, not when playing.

Ah right, ib system, all new tar went auto into default category meaning I had to manually edit each one and sort into category's.

So I was editing all the time, well when I upped new one..

Searching for games was done ACP > Arcade > Games List : Screen shot provided.

2r727wx.jpg

As you can see searching for a game was either done by going through categories or the Number/Alphabet system at the top.

Clicking into 'Game' would allow me to change all relevant data of the game or put it into a new category etc, screenie can be posted!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.