Question Refund for vbslider and branding removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

smf

Customer
This slider caused an incredible amount of problems with never-ending queries running from your slider for some reason. The site ended up going down for a few hours because of this modification causing resource and CPU usage to go THROUGH THE ROOF. To the point the host actually considered it "abusive" to the server.

Please refund our payment for vBslider and the branding free key as well, this mod has been uninstalled and removed from the site.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Would you be willing to give me a chance to resolve the issue? I would love to see the communication between yourself and your host, with them pointing out which queries are considered abusive, so that I can look into whether there's any way I can optimise them further.

Thanks!

We would still like the refund please, we don't plan on using the slider any further.

Here is a comment from our host regarding the queries

slider-abuse.png

We'll discuss this internally and get back to you as soon as possible. However, please be aware that our Terms of Service requires us to be allowed to attempt to resolve any problems before refunds can be processed.

We are of course open to exceptions, but I feel I should point this out ahead of time in case we decide we are unable to process a refund at this time.

We'll discuss this internally and get back to you as soon as possible. However, please be aware that our Terms of Service requires us to be allowed to attempt to resolve any problems before refunds can be processed.

We are of course open to exceptions, but I feel I should point this out ahead of time in case we decide we are unable to process a refund at this time.

With all due respect, your modification took down our forum. We are not going to risk trying to use it again, nor are we interested in "testing" any updated versions. We used this modification for 24 hours and that's it. Please refund.

Hi there,

My apologies that you have run into issues with our product. None of the hundreds of other forums running vBSlider have reported this issue. As such, the issue is likely something else on your forum is causing the tables to be locked or conflicting with the slider queries. You may wish to look into the underlying cause in order to prevent a similar issue occurring in future.

Your purchase occurred more than 30 days ago and is outside of PayPal's refund range, as a result we will manually send the correct amount to you as a refund.

A little legal notice: Please note that this decision in no way affects your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions, and the refund is being offered as a one-off decision, not as an amendment to our Terms and Conditions or your agreement of them.

Again, please accept my apologies that our product didn't live up to your expectations. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to make it up to you in future.

Kind Regards,

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSlider

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating