Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
I'm running this, but am having a problem with members being able to access it.

Right now, I have several usergroups selected in the permissions so they should be able to view/up/download files. However they keep getting the "You are not authorised to use this feature." message.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong though... they have the usergroups listed in the permissions, but they also have usergroups that are NOT selected. Does this matter?

I'm under the impression that as long as they have one of the usergroups, then they should be good to go. Not that if one of the usergroups is not selected that they have.

Hope that makes sense. =)

Example, I have a category that doesn't allow registered users to access it. But it does allow a secondary usergroup (that they all have) to access it. These members have the registered usergroup as their primary and the customer one, as the secondary.

Last edited:
Ok, so ran a couple tests.

With a test user set at only registered user for the primary usergroup, they can access the main vbdownloads.php page and see the "Public" category. This is expected behavior.

As soon as I give them the secondary usergroup "Members", they can no longer access the vbdownloads.php page and get the "Not authorized" message, they can't see the downloads system in any way. This is not expected.

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I'll check the permissions and see how it was written.

I can't seem to replicate it locally. Can I get a temp admin account to take a look at how you have it setup?

If anyone else runs into this, check your permissions on the Global and Download Modules.

Yeah, sorry, forgot to post it was fixed. =) Basically, you MUST select the usergroups that you want to have access, not selecting any is not the same as "all". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings