Bug IP verification email not sending for vbSecurity

Status
Not open for further replies.

af1racing

Customer
I have just upgraded to vbSecurity 1.2.1 and several users are reporting that they get locked out of their accounts when updating their profile settings to "Enable IP Verification". It does not seem that the verification email gets sent.

Is there a way to resend or view the email? Or is it possible to view pending requests in the adminCP?

Does this happen to all members that activate the setting, or just a subset?

Does your domain have a hourly email limit attached to it at the webhost level?

Do you have access to the mail delivery reports for your hosting account?

At this time, there isn't a facility for re-sending the email, it's not something I'll be able to add in for v2.0 due to release in 2 hours, but it's definitely something I will add for v2.1, which will be released next Monday.

Looks to be an issue with att/outlook/microsoft domains only. I'm trying an updated SPF record, sorry for the hassle. But if you could make it possible to resend the verification email, or disable the IP verification altogether for members, that would be awesome.

I am working on the functionality for re-sending emails just now :)

I'll also add the ability to disable a member's IP verification via the AdminCP to the feature list for v2.1, which will be released next week.

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate the assistance :D

Hello af1racing,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Sorry to be a pest, but I just installed 2.1.0 and I can't find the setting that disables the IP verification feature for users that we discussed earlier. Little help?

Glad you worked it out :)

For the future, could I ask you to please start a new support ticket for separate issues? Re-opening the ticket should only be done if the same problem has not been resolved even though the ticket has been marked as resolved.

Thanks!

Hello af1racing,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSecurity

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings