Bug search ip addresses - using only ip address - does not work - blank page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptah

Customer
Hi, searching IP addresses works if I provide a username, but it just returns a blank page and does nothing when providing only the IP address field? Actually, it only works if the IP address field is empty entirely. Putting anything in the IP address field causes the blank/do-nothing behavior.

Hi there,

Could you please make sure display_errors is enabled in php.ini and that SKIP_ALL_ERRORS is not turned on in config.php then try again?

A blank page is usually a server hiding the PHP error output, which means I cannot assist you :(

Hi -- I made sure both of those settings were as described, and still no error shown, no error embedded in the HTML, nothing written in any error_log I can find.

Hacking at it (because I need it to work whilst troubleshooting some suspicious activity on my site), I did this:

Code:
			// Grab ourselves the GeoIP2 integration
			// require_once(DIR . '/dbtech/vbsecurity/includes/3rdparty/GeoIp2/config.inc.php');

/*
            try
			{
				if (!is_object($GeoIP))
				{
					throw new Exception();
				}

$lookup = $GeoIP->city($vbulletin->GPC['ipaddress']);

$country = $lookup->country->name;
				if (!$lookup->country->name)
				{
					// Default to this
					$country = $vbphrase['could_not_resolve_hostname'];
				}
			}
			catch (Exception $e)
			{
            */
				// default to this
				$country = $vbphrase['could_not_resolve_hostname'];
			/*
            }
            */

-- basically commented out the country lookup code, and that seems to cause the IP-based searching to work as expected (albeit without a resolved country name).

So, I suspect the GeoIP-related code has something to do with it? (Sorry, just made a quick hack, didn't have time to troubleshoot further... again, fighting a fire on other fronts on my site :p) For clarity, I do not have that installed on the server, nor do I have any configuration path set for it in the admin settings...

I'm not sure if this helps at all, just thought I'd pass it along.

Is there some other way I can get it to log any error thrown, or other place where I can look for it to your knowledge? (That is, presuming I un-hack the file to work as originally written?)

Thanks,
Ptah

In that case I'm completely lost as to why your site doesn't simply throw an exception and skip that code like it does on every other system without GeoIP installed.

I don't know if there's anything I can do that caters to this specific use case, sorry :(

In that case I'm completely lost as to why your site doesn't simply throw an exception and skip that code like it does on every other system without GeoIP installed.

I don't know if there's anything I can do that caters to this specific use case, sorry :(

Thank you all the same.

Cheers

Hello Ptah,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Won't Fix.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSecurity

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings