Question Internal links not rewritten

Status
Not open for further replies.

lch8

Customer
I have installed dbseo on my test forum and forum urls appear to be redirecting correctly. I tested generating a sitemap, and urls in sitemap are in the correct format (i.e. Example Domain). However, when you hover over links in the forum, they appear in the standard vbulletin format (i.e. http://www.example.com/cars/showthread.php?t=12345). Can you please point me in the right direction or shed some insight as to where I should look to resolve this issue? I tried searching the forum here and made some adjustments, but I'm stuck without a solution. Thanks.

Hi there,

The most common cause for this issue is a missing .htaccess entry. Can you please show me the contents of your .htaccess file so I can double-check it?

I am on nginx not apache. However, my nginx.conf file is pretty basic and uses the location directives included in the do_not_upload folder. Usually, what entry is missing in .htaccess to cause the issue of internal links not being rewritten? Maybe by understanding the apache fix I can figure out the nginx solution. Thanks.

This bit:
Code:
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php|reviewpost/|classifieds/|photopost/)
	RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

Thanks, but I'm still stuck! Can you point me in a direction? Unfortunately, my systems admin said he's not very good at nginx redirects...

Unfortunately we have no experience with nginx, the rules we provided were provided by the community.

If you do not have a sysadmin that is skilled at Nginx, I would strongly recommend switching to Apache 2.4 instead.

HI Fillip H., I had another nginx systems admin look at our issue and he believes the issue is not an nginx.conf issue because links are 301 redirecting correctly. He said that URLs should automatically reformat once the mod is installed and enabled, and that changes to .htaccess and nginx.conf are for redirection (which I can get to work). Can you give me any other ideas? Not sure if it matters, but my forum is in a subdirectory. Thanks.

I can only answer this in terms of .htaccess entries, but I don't believe that's correct.

Code:
	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !dbseourl=
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php|reviewpost/|classifieds/|photopost/)
	RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ dbseo.php?dbseourl=$1 [L,QSA]
This bit is responsible for ensuring that all non-SEO'd URLs are sent to dbseo.php. If this code is missing from the .htaccess entry, the mod will not rewrite the contents of the page as it believes you are outside the forum directory.

Code:
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|dbseocp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images|reviewpost|classifieds|photopost)/
	RewriteRule ^(.+)$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]
This bit is responsible for ensuring that all SEO'd URLs are sent to dbseo.php. If this code is missing, all SEO'd URLs will return 404.

Nginx needs to send both non-SEO'd URLs and SEO'd URLs to dbseo.php in order for DBSEO to work correctly.

Thank you for your response Fillip. The code you quoted above is different than the code found in the .htaccess file in my download. Was there an update that I need to download so I'm installing the most current version of the mod?

I'll pass this on to my systems administrator and give it one more go.

Only the first of the two blocks should be different - for some reason, the old .htaccess code produced 500 Internal Server Error with PHP 5.6.18 and newer (I believe it was). The readme.txt was updated with that new code as an alternative :)

Hello lch8,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings