Question Nofollow for internal links with variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salva87

Customer
Hi.

I asked this several months ago here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/rel-nofollow-for-dynamic-internal-links.23129/#post-116566

Another user had the same issue: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/rel-follow-for-internal-links.16868/

I just renewed my license and it still happens.

In options, I have: "Add rel="nofollow" to External URLs": yes

So if I place an internal link in my sidebar to "/subscription.php", it's fine, no "nofollow" tag applied.

But if the link has variables (parameters), like for instance wanting to show the memberlist page with the most popular members in the first page ("/members/list/?order=desc&sort=posts&pp=50"), then DBSEO places a rel="nofollow" automatically.

This happens with every internal link with parameters: /search.php?search_type=1 ... /profile.php?do=editoptions , etcetera.

I found the DBSEO script which places the nofollow tag is in /dbtech/dbseo/includes/url.php.

If I modify line 1879:
$urlPrefix = preg_replace('#(<a\s)#is', '\\1' . $_noFollow . ' ', $urlPrefix);
to
$urlPrefix = preg_replace('#(<a\s)#is', '\\1' . ' ', $urlPrefix);

... I thought this would remove all nofollow tags, for external links too, but it seems to solve the problem. It only affects the internal links... the external continue to have the nofollow tag applied.

Is this some kind of bug?

Cheers,

I would be hesitant to change the code permanently since I don't know what other implications it may have. If the change works for you then I'd make a note of it somewhere in case a newer version overwrites the file.

Hi Fillip. Thanks.

Yes, that is what I did. The only effect I've seen for now is the removal of "nofollow" for internal links with parameters, just what I wanted.

But I don't know if that's what you intended to do, and that is why I asked.

Cheers,

Hello @Salva87,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating