• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amy-t

Customer
This is more or less a concern then a request. I was on a forum yesterday talking about how to get amazon's streaming working on a tablet and the discussion turned into one about the future of flash. It was mentioned that flash will be discontinued some time in the future.
What does that mean for arcades like this one that use flash?
Will the games be converted to html 5 and if so will this arcade support that?

Flash is set to be around for the foreseeable future, I doubt Adobe are going to give up such a lucrative income stream to a competing platform - plus it's a couple of years before HTML5 is stable on all the major browsers, then a couple of years after that before it will become the "standard". We're probably talking a time period of 5 years before it's more popular than flash to be honest.

If/when the game portals vBArcade uses switch their games over to HTML5, vBArcade will be right there getting updated alongside them to retain compliance though :)

Basically as the standard changes from flash to HTML5, vBArcade will change along with it to keep up to date with the popular format of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back