Question Playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmm2020

Customer
Problems when someone plays a game. For this example, I will use Slingo tiles mahjong in the Mahjong category. When a user plays that game it shows them still playing the game and will not let them play again.

Some of the games seem to time out of the user session and I want to figure out a way to keep sessions alive while they are in a game.

Any suggestions?

If a game is not using a scoring system that works any more (e.g. some of the sites that have been shut down) then the Arcade will have no way of knowing the game was finished.

Also, sessions shouldn't time out unless it's the users' logins timing out. Users' logins timing out may be a result of them not using the "remember me" checkbox and them playing the game for more than 15 minutes, which is not something we're able to work around at this time unfortunately :(

I confirmed this playing Texas Holdem which I already won top score. It will not score when I try playing that game again. I want to keep the top 10 scores for each game and it don't appear to do that. In addition, it will not score any other games for myself either.

For reference, I got "record all scores" set to yes. But it is not posting additional scores for me (dmm2020) or username Marfa5

These are games I had on my old website that score fine there. I use only IPB type games.
Are you running on the same server and same configuration (e.g. server software, forum version, etc) as your old website?

Any details you can share about what differs between the two sites would be appreciated :)

Are you running on the same server and same configuration (e.g. server software, forum version, etc) as your old website?

Any details you can share about what differs between the two sites would be appreciated :)

My old site is friend-arcade.com which uses Arcadem Pro which I used to do support work for. New site is friends-arcade.com which uses the pro version of vbArcade under vBulletin. Main difference is vbArcade is installed one level deep in it's own folder where Arcadem Pro is usually installed in the document root, but can be installed in deep folders if configured right.

The main difference is though, Arcadem Pro calls up arcade.php which is a small file in the root. That one calls submitscore.php which is in the /includes/ folder. The submitscore.php file returns you back to where you were but clears the session automatically.

What I think the problem lies is in the mod_rewrite. Below is the section I have in htaccess:

RewriteEngine on

# If you are having problems or are using VirtualDocumentRoot, uncomment this line and set it to your vBulletin directory.
# RewriteBase /forum/

# If you are having problems with the rewrite from content/ to content.php, uncomment this line to turn MultiViews off.
Options -MultiViews

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# Forum
RewriteRule ^threads/.* showthread.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^forums/.* forumdisplay.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^members/.* member.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^blogs/.* blog.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^entries/.* entry.php [QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# MVC
RewriteRule ^(?:(.*?)(?:/|$))(.*|$)$ $1.php?r=$2 [QSA]

# Check MVC result
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [R=404,L]

The forum is the default page and only way I could get the navigation to work right in vb 4.2.

Last edited:
I forgot that path from root under Arcadem Pro was this:
/arcade/ - all games installed here
/arcade/gamedata/ - all game data installed in subfolders matching the games' file basename
/arcade/imgsmall/ - small icon for game
/arcade/image/ - normal icon for game
/arcade/imglarge/ - in custom coding I added this for sites that used large images for favorite sliders and that

Any progress or solution on this? My website is basically down for this because none of the games are having scores reported in vbArcade. It seems to be redirecting wrong.

Update: The .htaccess file was missing the vBArcade entries. I have added these entries for you now, can you please re-check this?

Let me know if it's still not working right for you :)

Hello dmm2020,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings