Question "Hide" BB Code incompatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesr

Customer
Hi. I installed the full version of thanks / likes. Great so far!! Only thing I've noticed that isn't working is a BB Code I have that hides content and requires a click to see it. (It starts working again if I disable the thanks / like product). Probably not within your remit, but if you could take a moment to have a look in case there's an easy fix, that would be much appreciated.

The bbcode looks like:
<div style="margin: 5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom: 2px;">
<b>Spoiler!</b> <input value="Show" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 45px; font-size: 10px;" onclick="if(this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != 'inline')
{ this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'inline'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; }
else
{ this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value='Show'; }" type="button">
</div>
<div class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset; padding: 6px;">
<div class="spoiler" style="display: none;">{param}</div>
</div>
</div>

Hi Charles,

Can you please provide more information regarding what exactly is not working with that BBCode? There are a few possible options, but with more information I'll hopefully be able to narrow it down :)

Thanks Fillip

See here for example: Xbox One Elite Controller Announced - Page 7
The text I've written "test post" is wrapped in hide tags. But it appears as normal. However, the hide tags are working correctly in the admin panel bbcode area example (because the admin panel is unaffected by the thanks/likes plugin). Instead, the post should display a button that needs to be pressed to reveal the text.

Is that the information you need?

I see, thank you :)

Can you please try accessing the vBulletin Options for this mod and setting the Disable Post Refresh setting to Yes? Let me know if this resolves it for you :)

Sorry for my slow reply - I thought I had added a subscription to this thread! I just tried your suggestion and it works :)
Many thanks.

Hello charlesr,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings