IcEWoLF

Customer
The update just came out yesterday, not sure if this was mentioned or not but here it is:

Tapatalk just released an update to support mention bb codes!

@ tags and # works 100%!

photo1.PNG photo2.PNG

Edit, looks like I didn't read this part (already announced):

Of course, we brought you quite a few convenience enhancements as well, such as mobile style friendliness (mentions and hash tags work when posting), no more mentions within quotes, and no more notifications for anything happening within forums the user cannot see.

Last edited:
Be interesting to see what the "improved push notification support" stands for?..Big let down as is it stands..But then again they do have major competition with forumrunner who carried similar problems early doors..And has been chosen by vb as standard over the old school app..I think tapatalk need to get their current issues sorted before moving onto other things..

Are there other mods using the mention bbcode besides the db-tech product? It is surprising they added that, but glad they did. I wished their software would recognize more custom bbcodes.

The more I use and have members use tapatalk, the more I am inclined to drop it in the near future. Fully 3/4 of my members are using it now and since it has no way to display banner ads, I am concerned about site revenue. I have started working on a new mobile style with the hopes it can replace tapatalk.

Back