Question Globally disable desktop notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

adultforum

Customer
Hi there, is it possible to globally disable "desktop notifications" on vBShout?

As the website is 'sensitive' to some, users are concerned that in Firefox that the option to block only gives them "not now"

Ideally I would prefer no desktop notifications of any kind DBT wide. Is this possible?

Also, on template;
dbtech_vbshout_shoutarea_horizontal

Users requested that I prevent the input from completion as it was becoming very frustrating for some users. Not sure if it's something others may find useful in future updates?

autocomplete="off"

Hi there,

In all our mods featuring desktop notifs, please find the options for globally disabling them in the vBulletin Options for the respective mods :)

vBActivity and Advanced User Tagging are the only two mods that have this option out of the 7 or 8 DBT mods I have installed, these are both set to "no" as well.

vbshout.jpg

Ah, it would appear as if vBShout does not have a global shut-off switch just yet, sorry :(

I have figured out a way to turn of desktop notifications globally using other products in the DBT range;

Plugin Manager

Disable
Product : DragonByte Tech: Advanced User Tagging (Pro)
process_templates_complete

Disable
Product : DragonByte Tech: vBActivity & Awards (Pro)
process_templates_complete

Temp fix to keep my members happy, thanks!

Those two modifications both have global vBulletin options for turning it off :)

I've confirmed locally and on other test sites that turning off the global options in the vBulletin Options for AUT and vBAA will indeed stop the desktop notifications.

If this does not happen for you, could you please try re-downloading the products and re-uploading the files? It's possible your versions are slightly out of date, or that a hotfix was applied shortly after release to correct this.

Thanks!

Hello adultforum,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings