Bug Gifting An Item You Own Does Not Gift To User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oro Jackson

Customer
Item type - usergroup change [secondary usergroup]

If you own "Item A" - and try to gift "Item A" via the shop to another user, it just extends "Item A" on your account rather than gifting to user.

So for example you have an item and have set its expiry to 7 days, let this be "Item Z"

- You purchase Item Z
- You go back to shop, use the "Gift" button to gift another user Item Z
- Instead of the other user receiving Item Z, Item Z is activated for the user who wanted to gift and extends the expiry for the user.

I'm not sure if this happens with other item types too, because we use primarily the usergroup change item. We have some custom items but that cannot be gifted, and we have Username Styling (pre-defined) which is exclusive so we can't test it out for that.

Just informing if you'd like to check it for other item types too :)

Thank you, and sorry for having to bother you so much ^^

This changed recently so it confused the users too, but we've put up a notice now to not initiate a direct gift via shop of items they already own but rather to trade if required.

I've made an internal change for tomorrow's update that should resolve this issue. It'll need a bit of testing (which I'll complete tomorrow) :)

Hello Oro Jackson,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Fixed.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Shop

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings