Question Show Item Field from purchasers to staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenson

Customer
I'm trying to set something up where they can purchase for free with credits, or with real money (by purchasing the credits), the ability to earn allowlist access to a private game server.

I want to have them give us their Steam64 ID so we can add them to the list upon purchase, but I tried adding in a custom item field and it shows during editing the shop item, and I can't seem to find a way to add in some text that would be viewable by staff? How would I do this, if possible? If not, I'll just have to create a dedicated thread for them to put their IDs in.

There is no way to have a field only viewable by staff, so your best bet would be to make a thread.

Hm, alright. What about one single thread viewable by staff only with their name? Or would it make a separate thread with each users name?

I guess with a thread for each we can take notes on the users if they're causing issues or something on the server.

Edit: Not seeing a way to insert the "Steam64 ID" field into the thread purchase prompt nor the thread?

Last edited:
Edit: Not seeing a way to insert the "Steam64 ID" field into the thread purchase prompt nor the thread?
I meant that you would manually handle this by having users post threads in a forum after they've purchased the item.

Ah, I just had the item itself generate a thread, but it doesn't show the name of the purchaser in it. May have to do that instead. "Create a thread with the following" in the description. Thanks

Hello @kenson,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @kenson,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Shop

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating