• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bug GeoIP2 File Path not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, you are using the wrong version of the GeoIP library. The library you have installed is version 1, whereas vBSecurity requires version 2.

Secondly, you are linking to a directory, when you need to link directly to the .mmdb file.

Please follow the instructions in the description to download the GeoLite2-City.mmdb file and place it somewhere on your server, then enter the full path to that file in the description.

Hello Nirjonadda,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Did you actually download the file from the link in the description?

Also, make sure it's readable by PHP. This is not a bug, the setting validation checks if the file exists and it's readable - if not, it will throw an error to indicate there's something wrong on the server.

Then that means the /usr/local/share/GeoIP is not accessible by PHP. Try putting it in a new folder above your public_html directory, and ensure that the file is owned by the same user and group that your web server runs as.

Example:
path: /home/dbtech/GeoIP2/GeoLite2-City.mmdb
owner: dbtech
group: dbtech

Its working File Path : /home/user/public_html/GeoIP2/GeoLite2-City.mmdb with permissions (chmod) of a file 0644

Sorry for ask here but my question, Fillip H. does your IP banned by vBSecurity from my site? to be clear if you are not permitted.

[19:33, 17th Nov 2015] Guest - User ID: N/A - Attempted Login Username: 199.167.148.x - IP Address: [ARG:4 UNDEFINED]

IP Ban Log:

199.167.148.x : server2.dragonbyte-tech.com

I'm not sure why the server IP would show up in your log, but it's nothing to worry about regardless :)

Hello Nirjonadda,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSecurity

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings