Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcoth

Customer
Manage Permissions - If we have a lot of games, this can be complicated in assigning which games the specific usergroups can play. Can we make it so we can choose Game Categories in addition to particular games? Games would outrank the categories or vice versus. Personally, I would only use Categories since I would group every game into categories.

Manage games - Can we add a field to the sort at the top to sort by category?

(BUG?) Featured Game - I had to turn this off on my forum. I placed all my games into two categories: General (all users have access to these) and VIP (for certain usergroups). I also updated the usergroups in the Manage Permissions area for which games they could access. But, the featured game was one in the VIP category. I set my test account to have just basic permissions but it was able to access this game and even play it. Even though the permissions did not include this game.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can Choose permissions for categories.

No need to sort by category at the top, if you go to category manager, and look at the games column, you can click on the number, and it will bring up all games in that category.

You need to set up the Featured Game Method and Featured Game ID in the configuration.

You can Choose permissions for categories.
Yes, I know that. Already using it. And, now that I think about it, that is probably good enough. :)

No need to sort by category at the top, if you go to category manager, and look at the games column, you can click on the number, and it will bring up all games in that category.
Good to know. Thank you. But, I still think it would be a good option to allow sorting by Category at the top of the manage games window.

You need to set up the Featured Game Method and Featured Game ID in the configuration.
What if I don't want to set up a Featured Game ID and I want it to be random? If someone is not allowed to play a game, this gives them a back door into playing it when the game comes up as the random Featured Game.

True enough, Dw will have to look into these and let ya know, btw thanks for the support, on purchasing the best arcade for vB.

i have like 30 game packs.....all with a certain type of game in all..

would be great if....on import mass games.....can place straight into the catagorie your select.

at the moment..i have to import...then.go to manage games..and then place in the catagorie:-)

You cant sort by category, because games can belong to no category or multiple categories.

currently featured game doesnt take into account the category a game belongs to, but if you are setting the access permission for the game to restrict for whatever reason, then it wont allow them to play once they try to do it.

the reason the games dont take access into account when displaying the listing is because its too much work to check each game for if you posted enough/didnt play too much, etc before accepting or rejecting it. thats why the category system can be used to semi-hide stuff in conjunction with the actual access permissions if you have for example explicit games.

also only one featured game is currently implemented.

i have like 30 game packs.....all with a certain type of game in all..

would be great if....on import mass games.....can place straight into the catagorie your select.

at the moment..i have to import...then.go to manage games..and then place in the catagorie:-)

ive already decided not to do this because it complicates the import process and duplicates functionality. what you can do is go to manage games and sort by newest added and mass-manage categories that way.

Yeah I suggested it and got shot down like a WWII plane :)

But after getting used to the navigation, it was not to bad, and I installed alot of games, in 80+ categories.

Good to know. Thank you. But, I still think it would be a good option to allow sorting by Category at the top of the manage games window.

i

ive implemented both of these in the new beta available now.

please open new threads for unrelated issues so they may be tracked individually, thanks!

Well it is too late for me to import to category, but I am sure alot of users will appreciate this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.