• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Implemented Functionality for "Best Selling"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nulumia

Customer
I've been tinkering with some code to get a Best Selling feature working in eCommerce, with the latest approach using the finders with Order Items matched against product IDs, which are sourced from category IDs. But I don't think this is ideal as it requires several loops to gather multiple products 🤕.

To be digital/physical agnostic, I'm wondering if you'd consider appending a purchase_count column onto the Product entity, and then bumping this whenever there's a purchase? This would be lightweight like other finders, and I'd imagine could be easily rebuilt using Admin -> Tools. Or, do you have a different idea?

A very simple but hacky way to do this digital-only shops is a widget which finds by:
PHP:
->where('is_paid', true)
->where('download_count', '>', 0)
->setDefaultOrder('download_count', 'desc');
But of course this isn't entirely accurate.

Eventually besides widgets, I'd like to built a "Top selling products" area of the admin dashboard, where you'd normally find income graphs etc. Woocommerce for Wordpress has this so I think it'd be killer in Xenforo :D.

-Robert

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello @Nulumia,

Thank you for your suggestion for DragonByte eCommerce. Your request will be reviewed by a member of our team shortly.

Unless there are any problems preventing these features from being added to the product, this thread will not receive another reply until it is time to review logged feature requests for implementation.

We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our products!

- DragonByte Tech Staff

Thank you for suggesting this feature, it has now been implemented. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future release (2.0.3).

Change log:
"Products sold" statistic tracked per-product (not reflected anywhere in the UI right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back