Status
Not open for further replies.

tavenger5

Customer
One feature that I would love to see is the display and configuration of EXIF data. It would be even better if that data could be clicked on to display other similar images. For example, if a photo was taken with a Nikon D90, "Nikon D90" could be clicked on to view other pictures taken by the D90.

An EXIF display and search feature would be very beneficial to photo sites.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have it prefilling some fields with the exif data. I guess I can dump it all into a field so it can be searched on. Let me know if you think there are other fields that it contains that might be useful to prefill. I don't want to just display it all as it can be quite a bit of info depending on the camera and I want the user to be able to decide what to display and what not to.

I'm not sure about making it linkable though. Depending on the camera model it could put different data into the fields and it make it not really that good of a tool. Like with my camera, the Make is Canon and the Model says Canon PowerShot. So the Make would be okay with a link showing other Canon pictures. But the Make/Model combo would be weird. Canon Canon PowerShot.

Thanks for your response Dylan. I'm hoping the system can be flexible enough to allow the admin to choose which EXIF data to search on/display. In my case I would only need the model to be searchable, and the rest of the data (Date, ISO, Flash, Exposure, Software, Aperture, F Number, Focal Length) displayed somewhere under or beside the photo. It would be nice to let the user fill in any data (or remove) if the photo doesn't contain any EXIF.

The current system I use displays it like this: Amsterdam - Nikonites Gallery

Thanks for your response Dylan. I'm hoping the system can be flexible enough to allow the admin to choose which EXIF data to search on/display. In my case I would only need the model to be searchable, and the rest of the data (Date, ISO, Flash, Exposure, Software, Aperture, F Number, Focal Length) displayed somewhere under or beside the photo. It would be nice to let the user fill in any data (or remove) if the photo doesn't contain any EXIF.

The current system I use displays it like this: Amsterdam - Nikonites Gallery

Have you played around with the download? I don't have it on the site, but the download will give some of the fields prepopulated with the data if it exists on upload and let the user either leave it, modify it or delete it. Then it will show in it's own box on the right side under the image statistics.

Right now I'm collecting
Make
Model
Aperture
DateTime
ISO

The problem with the "rest of the data" is which data to collect? I'm not sure what a photo geek might be into and there is a TON of data in the exif arrays I'm scanning through. Here is maybe 1/4 of an array I go through, there are 2 that I look at for some fields.

Make
Model
Orientation
XResolution
YResolution
ResolutionUnit
DateTime
YCbCrPositioning
Exif_IFD_Pointer
ExposureTime
FNumber
ISOSpeedRatings
ExifVersion
DateTimeOriginal
DateTimeDigitized
CompressedBitsPerPixel
ShutterSpeedValue
ApertureValue
ExposureBiasValue
MaxApertureValue
MeteringMode
Flash
FocalLength
UserComment
FlashPixVersion
ColorSpace
ExifImageWidth
ExifImageLength
InteroperabilityOffset
FocalPlaneXResolution
FocalPlaneYResolution
FocalPlaneResolutionUnit
SensingMethod

You get a chance to play with this? Let me know if you want additional fields, I'm working on 1.1 right now and after that, it will probably be a bit before another update :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back