AddHandler phpini-cgi .php
Action phpini-cgi /cgi-bin/php5-custom-ini.cgi

# Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin *

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^myurl\.com$
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.myurl.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^$ /forum [L]
ErrorDocument 404 "<H1>Page not found</H1><BR /><H3>Click <a href="http://www.myurl.com/">here</a> to return to home page...</H3>

When I add the lines recomended in the install read me and as shown below:
AddHandler phpini-cgi .php
Action phpini-cgi /cgi-bin/php5-custom-ini.cgi

# Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin *

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^myurl\.com$
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.myurl.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^$ /forum [L]
ErrorDocument 404 "<H1>Page not found</H1><BR /><H3>Click <a href="http://www.myurl.com/">here</a> to return to home page...</H3>

RewriteEngine On

# If you are having problem with "None Could Be Negotiated" errors in Apache, uncomment this to turn off MultiViews
# Options -MultiViews

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php|reviewpost/|classifieds/|photopost/)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|dbseocp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images|reviewpost|classifieds|photopost)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

When I put the above .htaccess file on my site I get the following:
Error.jpg

When I look at my servers Error Log it says the following: Request exceeded the limit of 20 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Can you help me determine how to modify my .htaccess file in a way that I can get things working? Please Advise. Thanks.

My site has been seriously comprimized since attemptin this install. I need it corrected and fixed up quickly today since I am trying to build my userbase not drive them away. I completed all the steps below and then as descvribed above had to roll back the .htaccess mods. Steps followed:
1. Upload all files from the "upload" folder to your forums directory.

2. Import the product-dbtech_dbseo.xml file from the "XML" folder at
AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product

3. Edit your .htaccess file and -EITHER- replace all instances of "vbseo"
with "dbseo" -OR- add the following to your .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine On

# If you are having problem with "None Could Be Negotiated" errors in Apache, uncomment this to turn off MultiViews
# Options -MultiViews

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php|reviewpost/|classifieds/|photopost/)

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|dbseocp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images|reviewpost|classifieds|photopost)/

4. (vB4 Only) Go to AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Friendly URLs
and set the "URL Type" to "Standard URLs".

5. That's it! You can start editing settings and setting usergroup permissions.

6. The Admin controls can be found at /dbseocp/ - NOT in the AdminCP!

After rolling it back the main forum page seemed to be working normally. Within a couple hours I had multiple messages from users saing all the forum links were broken. I quickly tried to change the friendly url setting from standard back to basic friendly and the forum links seemed to start working again. Some links and logging out seem to be acting abnormally as well. I have not went through an uninstall at this point hoping that we can work together in the morning EST to get things resolved.
Please help me out on this I hate to have our forum acting poorly for any extended period of time.
Your time and prompt attention is appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
When I look at my servers Error Log it says the following: Request exceeded the limit of 20 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
It seems like you need to add the .htaccess rules for dbseo in a .htaccess file in the /forum directory.

If I'm reading your file correctly, you have a structure like so:
/.htaccess
/forum/dbseo.php

etc.

You need to create a .htaccess file in the same directory as your forum files reside, and add the DBSEO rules in that file.

"
If I'm reading your file correctly, you have a structure like so:
/.htaccess
/forum/dbseo.php
" YOU ARE CORRECT, THAT IS HOW I AM STRUCTURED

so are you suggesting that I have two .htaccess files, one in the myurl.com folder and another in the forum folder?
If so I would expect to leave the one at the myurl.com level alone as original and what about the second .htaccess file that would be at the forum folder level? What exactly be in it? Would it be just these lines?
RewriteEngine On

# Options -MultiViews

Will this fix the issue I was having with setting the "URL Type" to "Standard URLs"?
Please let me know and I will give it all a try after hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Joe

It appears things are in working order now. I appreciate the support although you may think about being clear in your readme install file that the htaccess file of interest must reside in the forum (or same folder as the dbseo.php file).

I did notice one small problem that perhaps you can help me correct. When I go to
Dragonbyte Tech:SEO -> Control Panel and once at the SEO Control panel and then I try and click vBulletin AdminCP above SEO Settings I get an error web page that says:

The page you requested is NOT AVAILABLE
A general error has occurred

In addition could you please point me in the direction of any documentation about the Dragonbyte-tech SEO software. There are ton's of configuration options but frankly I currently understand very little about the benefits (or risks) of modifying the settings.

Your time and reply is appreciated.

Hello,
Well last night my users reported a new problem that I have to beleive is associated with this install and Dragonbyte-tech SEO. When a user tries to post and use the submit new thread button all works fine but if a user clicks preview post on their newly typed thread the Tags box gets filled with comma delimited random tags from the message and then when they click submit new thread they get an error for:
The following errors occurred with your submission
The number of tags you tried to add exceeded the maximum number of tags by 25.
Please advise how to correct this problem.
Thanks.

I did notice one small problem that perhaps you can help me correct. When I go to
Dragonbyte Tech:SEO -> Control Panel and once at the SEO Control panel and then I try and click vBulletin AdminCP above SEO Settings I get an error web page that says:

A general error has occurre
Have you renamed your AdminCP directory but didn't update the config.php parameter?

In addition could you please point me in the direction of any documentation about the Dragonbyte-tech SEO software. There are ton's of configuration options but frankly I currently understand very little about the benefits (or risks) of modifying the settings.
There is no documentation at this time. All settings are explained on their relevant pages. You don't actually need to modify anything, unless you want the URLs to look different :)

Hello,
Well last night my users reported a new problem that I have to beleive is associated with this install and Dragonbyte-tech SEO. When a user tries to post and use the submit new thread button all works fine but if a user clicks preview post on their newly typed thread the Tags box gets filled with comma delimited random tags from the message and then when they click submit new thread they get an error for:
The following errors occurred with your submission
The number of tags you tried to add exceeded the maximum number of tags by 25.
Please advise how to correct this problem.
Thanks.
Please upgrade to v1.1.2 in order to have DBSEO respect the limits on thread tagging.

Followup on SEO issues...

Have you renamed your AdminCP directory but didn't update the config.php parameter?
No I have not changed my AdminCP directory or upodated my config.php parameter.

There is no documentation at this time. All settings are explained on their relevant pages.
OK thank you I will likely look around for the help but not change anything based on your answer below.

You don't actually need to modify anything, unless you want the URLs to look different
Awesome, just what I was hoping for, I don't really don't want to start changing settings. I like that I can leave the settings alone in an out of box state.

Please upgrade to v1.1.2 in order to have DBSEO respect the limits on thread tagging.
I will upgrade to v1.1.2 but I do have a question about how upgrade is recomended. I downloaded the new package but the readme doesn't seem explicit about how to go about upgrade... Is it just copy the new folder files up? or is it Uninstall and ... Just so that I don't guess/assume how I sould go about upgrade would you please be somewhat explicit about the upgrade steps you would like me to take.

Sorry to be be taking so much time but I really want to get this thing right and move on to other site needs.

Thanks,
Joe

Upgrade is the exact same process as a new install; upload files and import XML with Override set to Yes :)

HELP!!!! My site is down after upgrade.

I upgraded using the steps you suggested and during the ftp file copy I chose overwrite existing files and during XML import I chose overwrite as well. As the xml import was completing with done messages it went to a screen that said

The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

Even my main URl is down now with teh same message. Obviously I am anxious to get it back up I am trying to build a userbase and strive for uptime. I would be gladly give you my admincp details so you can help me. Please message me back today so that we can proceed with fixing this.

Thanks.

Please check Apache's error_log file for the real cause behind a 500 Internal Server Error.

Update: In this case, the issue was that all DBSEO files had not been uploaded, and your PHP installation was masking this error. I have made the appropriate changes to make sure if this happens again, you will see why, as opposed to just a blank page :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your assistance. I see the site is working now, I really appreciate the help. Have a good night.

I am appreciative that the site appears to be back up but I have found a number of issues that I would like to see if you can help me get resolved... I hope you still have all the credentials I PM'ed you.

# 1 At first glance the site looked back up but as soon as I clicked on a forum like "Welcome message" the site acted like the page was unavailable, this was for all forums so I changed the Settings->Options->Friendly URL's back to Basic Friendly

#2 I tried to add an anouncement in that same "Welcome Message" forum to notify users of the upgrades I am trying to do and explain I am trying to minimize disruptions. When you enter the Welcome Message area and click on the Announcement "Upgrades" link I get a 404 error.

#3 Because the anouncement did not work I added a post in the welcome message area that reports the same information if you click on that post link you will see that the Avatar for "Dino" me is broken and a red x.

#4 From the SEO menu as previously reported when I go just above the SEO Settings and try to click the Admin CP link (to return to the Admin CP from the SEO menu) I still get the error

I am apprehensive to touch anything at this point because I don't want to brick the site. Please log in and see if you can help me get things working correctly. I will be doing a site backup tonight as well.

Thanks,
Joe

One More Misbehavior

Please be sure you read my last post as well...

#5 When I type up a post and click the preview button it still loads up the Tags box and error's when you try to post the message. If you don't mind terribly and think you have this fixed please create an account and run a test, the last forum area is just for test posts, I would say type up a multi sentence post and click preview and then post to verify it is fixed.

Thanks,
Joe

An additional misbehavior

I expect and hope that a number of the misbehaviors I am reporting are tightly tied together and that one action may actually fix most of them but just in case they are seperate I am trying to report everything I am finding so that you can look ath them as you work on my issues. On my page when I am looking at the What's New Tab and looking at new threads/posts some of the "See more" links fail,

The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 404

threads from user Stu##Hun#### seem to all break when I click them. Please see if that is corrected as well if possible.

I will check in every hour or two to see if you have had an opportunity to look into the issue(s).

Thanks,
Joe

I have made appropriate changes to your site and I am not able to replicate any of these issues any more. Can you let me know if there's any outstanding issues just now?

Looking Aweome Right Now!!!

Fillip,
Things are absolutley looking good right now. I only see two things that are even remotely worth mention at this moment:

When I click a users icon and/or their name like I want to send them a pm I get a warning message at the top of the screen
Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_Blog::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with that of vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled() in ..../includes/class_profileblock_blog.php on line 436

In addition from the dedicated SEC Admin menu... the SEO menu when I go just above the SEO Settings and try to click the Admin CP link (to return to the Admin CP from the SEO menu) I still get the error

I will watch the site and play with things over the weekend to see if anything else seems to be misbehaving.

Thanks so much for your assistance. Unless things really act up I will not send another message until early next week to close this out.

Thanks,
Joe

Misbehaviors noticed

Fillip,

1)When a user tries to upload an avatar Settings link then Edit Avatar linkafter selecting a file and then clicking savechanges you ger an error:

the url at the point of failure is /forum/profile.php?do=updateavatar

2)When a user tries to upload a picture in a post and uses theInsert Image ICON in the post tools and then From Computer says select files after selection of the files when they click Upload files they get an error in the file selction window. A red exclamation point that says
500 [IOErrorEvent type = "ioError" bubbles = false cancelable = false event phase = 2 text = "Error #2038 "]
The only button available in the box at that time would now be the clear list button.

3) When a user tries to upload a picture from a url with retrieve remote file and reference locally selected they get the following error:
ErrorImageURL.JPG

4)When I click a users icon and/or their name like I want to send them a pm I get a warning message at the top of the screen
Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_Blog::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with that of vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled() in ..../includes/class_profileblock_blog.php on line 436

5)From the dedicated SEC Admin menu... the SEO menu when I go just above the SEO Settings and try to click the Admin CP link (to return to the Admin CP from the SEO menu) I still get the error

I will continue to watch the site and play with things over the weekend to see if anything else seems to be misbehaving.

Thanks,
Joe

1)When a user tries to upload an avatar Settings link then Edit Avatar linkafter selecting a file and then clicking savechanges you ger an error:

the url at the point of failure is /forum/profile.php?do=updateavatar
Please try disabling all other modifications, as this is not a known issue with DBSEO.

2)When a user tries to upload a picture in a post and uses theInsert Image ICON in the post tools and then From Computer says select files after selection of the files when they click Upload files they get an error in the file selction window. A red exclamation point that says
500 [IOErrorEvent type = "ioError" bubbles = false cancelable = false event phase = 2 text = "Error #2038 "]
The only button available in the box at that time would now be the clear list button.
You need to inspect your Apache error logs for the real cause of a 500 Internal Server Error.

3) When a user tries to upload a picture from a url with retrieve remote file and reference locally selected they get the following error:
View attachment 5826
This is a bug with a "portfolio" mod you have installed that references "dsultra". Please disable it.

4)When I click a users icon and/or their name like I want to send them a pm I get a warning message at the top of the screen
This is a bug in the vBulletin files, I have fixed it for you.

5)From the dedicated SEC Admin menu... the SEO menu when I go just above the SEO Settings and try to click the Admin CP link (to return to the Admin CP from the SEO menu) I still get the error
I'm unable to replicate this issue on your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back