Bug Compatibility Issues causing friendly URL issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklein

Customer
Are there any know issues with VBO causing friendly URL issues? Since enabling the plugin, I'm experiencing a URL issue where only the first page of a thread works with friendly URLs. Page 2 and above revert back to default "ugly" URLs.

We run VBseo 3.6.0 with plans to replace it with your SEO plugin. We also run a hybrid Apache/Nginx, PHP-FPM and Varnish back-end, so it could be related to one of those.

Thanks!

MRKlein

Firstly, if you're using Varnish you should make sure the Guest Caching feature in vBO has been disabled (set to 0).

Secondly, we've received no such reports from anyone else, though with such a complex setup it's not impossible. I'd recommend disabling every cache feature in the Cache Settings, then re-enable them one by one until you find the culprit.

If it still happens with all cache features turned off, then the culprit is not vBO.

Hello Fillip H.,

Thanks for the update. It looks like vBO was the cause. Which setting, we haven't confirmed, but we'll got through each this week to pinpoint it. Also something we noticed, the global OFF setting found under the main settings page didn't work for us. Even with OFF selected, we had to manually disable each setting for any changes to occur. Perhaps that has to do with the guest caching. I'll post back with my findings.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vB Optimise

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings