Legacy "Buy it Now" button NOT VISIBLE to the GUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

markoroots

Customer
If the guest cannot see the "Buy it Now" button
the plugin is unusable for the 90% of the people that come in the forum.
So in this way the plugin don't work....

Please this issue need a very fast update.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This feature will be coming in a future version. We cannot make any promises as to when this will be, however.

The more people request a feature, the more likely it is to be implemented. At the moment very few people have requested this feature. If that changes in future the priority of this feature will be increased.

Lots of customers want lots of features very important to them and their forum. The only fair way to order which should come first is by ensuring the features most of them want/need come earlier.

Thanks for your understanding,

Cosmic

It's a plugin born to buy and sell.
So if the 94% of the readers of a forum (because maybe the 6% are users) cannot see a "Buy it Now" button
do you think that is a great plugin for buying and selling?

In this way, no one can see that it's possible to buy, so.....

Is like to go on ebay or amazon without to found the "Buy" button...

Guys, this is the base for a classifieds plugin.

Last edited:
There are two options for you while you wait for our version 2 update.

In the template dbtech_classifieds_viewlisting find:

Code:
<div id="classifieds" class="viewlisting">

Add on a new line after it:

Code:
	<vb:if condition="$show['guest']"><div class="notices">
		<ul>
			<li>
				{vb:rawphrase your_phrase}
			</li>
		</ul>
	</div></vb:if>

Note, you will need to add a phrase variable in in place of your_phrase. You could by this notify guests they need to log in to purchase. This will be a future feature of version 2.

The other option is to try this, find:

Code:
					<vb:if condition="$item['ended'] == 0 AND $disablebutton == 1 AND $bbuserinfo['userid']">
						<vb:if condition="$bid == 1"><span id="bidbutton"><a href="#" rel="{vb:raw item.listingid}">{vb:rawphrase dbtech_classifieds_bid_now}</a></span></vb:if>
						<vb:if condition="$buy == 1"><input id="buybutton" type="submit" value="{vb:rawphrase dbtech_classifieds_buy_now}"></vb:if>
						<vb:if condition="$offer == 1"><span id="bidbutton"><a href="{vb:raw vboptions.dbtech_classifieds_filename_text}" rel="{vb:raw item.listingid}">{vb:rawphrase dbtech_classifieds_offer_now}</a></span></vb:if>
						<span id="watchbutton"><a href="#" rel="{vb:raw item.listingid}"><vb:if condition="!$item['watchid']">{vb:rawphrase dbtech_classifieds_watch_item}<vb:else />{vb:rawphrase dbtech_classifieds_unwatch_item}</vb:if></a></span>
					</vb:if>

Replace with:

Code:
					<vb:if condition="$item['ended'] == 0 AND $disablebutton == 1">
						<vb:if condition="$buy == 1"><input id="buybutton" type="submit" value="{vb:rawphrase dbtech_classifieds_buy_now}"<vb:if condition="!$bbuserinfo['userid']"> disabled</vb:if>></vb:if>
					<vb:if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid']">
						<vb:if condition="$bid == 1"><span id="bidbutton"><a href="#" rel="{vb:raw item.listingid}">{vb:rawphrase dbtech_classifieds_bid_now}</a></span></vb:if>
						<vb:if condition="$offer == 1"><span id="bidbutton"><a href="{vb:raw vboptions.dbtech_classifieds_filename_text}" rel="{vb:raw item.listingid}">{vb:rawphrase dbtech_classifieds_offer_now}</a></span></vb:if>
						<span id="watchbutton"><a href="#" rel="{vb:raw item.listingid}"><vb:if condition="!$item['watchid']">{vb:rawphrase dbtech_classifieds_watch_item}<vb:else />{vb:rawphrase dbtech_classifieds_unwatch_item}</vb:if></a></span>

But this method is not something I can vouch for. In theory it will disabled the buy button and prevent it being clicked. This is only a possible option for buy-it-now listings. Any other listing type would require more complex coding.

As a final note, in the whole of the time this project has been running we've never had anyone raise this issue before. In fact the current system was implemented as a result of feedback we received from testers. :)

I don't know if this work because I still have to try but I want ask you before one thing.

I think that the more simple way to do this, is:

to show the "Buy it Now" button to all

but when some one click on it, will be redirect
not to Paypal, but before in the address page, if him still have empty...

or also can be always redirected there to check the address of the shipment before to click the "Pay your order" (maybe down the page) that will redirect you to the Paypal payment form or better before in a cart and later to the real payment.

so that if you are a guest you will see that is possible to buy that item, click on the "Buy it Now" and the system redirect to you here: http://www.mysite.com/dbtclassifieds.php?do=profile&action=addresses

So that if you haven't a valid account you understand you have to create one before to buy. (Like Ebay...)

Does this modification something like this?

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
As stated several times in several threads, this isn't a 'simple' fix. The way we purchase items changes depending on the listing type, some of which require an AJAX command that can't simply be switched off. At best if someone managed to attempt a purchase outside of the buy button they'd get a stop saying they weren't logged in.

It won't be possible for us to redirect to the addresses page since it's part of the User Control Panel.

Don't forget that while you may have one very specific use for Classifieds, there are others who want something else. We've done our best to accommodate each request and option as it's been asked, and we'll carry on doing that with some more cool stuff we have in the pipeline for version 2. :)

At best if someone managed to attempt a purchase outside of the buy button they'd get a stop saying they weren't logged in.

Yes this is what I mean. :)
Like this if them (the guests) see the "Buy it Now" button that redirect them to the login page, they will understand that is possible to buy those items but they have to be registered to the forum, and after they can buy (like ebay)

Is possible like this?

The suggested template edits I made earlier in this thread should do that for Buy-it-Now listings, though it's untested by me. At the moment that would be the only possible way of achieving before version 2.

For the notice code, try this instead:

Code:
<vb:if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 1)"><div class="notices">
		<ul>
			<li>
				{vb:rawphrase your_phrase}
			</li>
		</ul>
	</div></vb:if>

For the Buy button I'll need to check as from what I can see it should work. As I mentioned before it isn't as easy as it looks to achieve what you want. :)

Nothing this work.

So I have a more simple idea, hoping that in the next update we find the "Buy Now" button available also for the guests.

For now I think that the more simple way is to make blinking this write:
"You have no addresses listed. Please create one so that you can participate in the purchasing or bidding on listings. Click here to do so. "

So that can be more visible, because now look a bit hidden.

Can you please tell me how to do this?

Thanks

I'm not sure on how to make it 'blink' though I'm certain googling will find some suggestions using HTML and CSS. Of course you can change the phrase that we use to remind them about not having addresses. :)

Excuse me Mokonzi, don't you know how to make blinking a write?
You are a coder, I'm not..
Can you please tell me how to do?

Excuse me Mokonzi, don't you know how to make blinking a write?
You are a coder, I'm not..
Can you please tell me how to do?

It's not something I know how to do off the top of my head, I would have to research it. Unfortunately I don't have time to do that at the moment. We will keep the suggestion under consideration for future versions.

The problem is that I really don't know what and where to make this modification.
Can you please give me a support?

Do it will need more time to have the upgrade of this plugin with a buy button working obvious also for guest?
This is a fundamental thing for this type of plugin.

Also a correct visualization like I told you about the lateral slide bars, like "Sellers Other Items" must be fixed.

These fixes are really important and we are confident that will be release soon an upgrade for this.

Last edited:
Hi Marko,

Unfortunately support doesn't extend to us customizing the product for you. The feature changes you have requested will be logged and looked at for future versions. When deciding what features go into future versions we weigh up how popular the request is (how many people have asked for it), how likely it is to be universally used, and how much time it will take.

Everyone always thinks their requests are the most important and most essential, and we would never be able to release new versions if we put them all in, so we found this is the only fair way to do it.

Cheers,

Cosmic

Hi Cosmic,
I don't say you have to do this for me. I only give you some tips to better develop and let work the plugin.
I never see no one classified plugin that doesn't show the "buy button" to the guest.
If you know one please tell me because I'm really curious. :)
In this way look like a plugin of reviews and not for selling.
After you are free to decide what to do first. This for sure.

About the functionality to implement the plugin I can also give you reason that it needed time...

But I have opened a thread 15 days ago, to ask some support to fix a little problem of visualization of some tabs of the plugin without receive any help.
http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f236/wrong-visualizzation-16725/

This is or not a support forum section of the Classified Plugin?

If I cannot ask help here what I must do?

I must have a plugin that I have just bought that is unusable in the way you see in that thread?

Fillip H. is always available to help in fixing issues create from your plugins, but for this plugin I have only the same answer, "we haven't time to help you to fix the plugin, or, if the plugin doesn't work is only my problem or of the skin of the forum, but all others plugin I have always installed were and are always working well.
So now I have this issue with this yours plugin, it's possible to have support or help in how to fix the background colours of these tabs??

Last edited:
Thanking to you I fix it the issues I had with the plugin.

But I'm asking to myself is there are any news for this fundamental feature? :)

The "Buy Now" button visible to the guest. :)

This is really important guys.

All the best.

Last edited:
Thanking to you I fix it the issues I had with the plugin.

But I'm asking to myself is there are any news for this fundamental feature? :)

The "Buy Now" button visible to the guest. :)

This is really important guys.

All the best.

I've implemented part of the changes into Version 2 and the second Alpha version of it. I'm still working on other changes that will need to be made as other features are added. So it's not forgotten and is on it's way to be fully implemented. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back