Legacy The order of the listing doesn't match the checkbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

markoroots

Customer
Hi guys,
I see that the order of the listings in the home page of the plugin is setted to the oldest classified to finish to the newest.
So that the newest classified are at the least of the list.
I have also tried to change the check-box for this setting to "newest to oldest", but nothing change.
What to do?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So for you is normal
that the last items added

are placed

DOWN the listing/page and not up???

Sorry, but I never see nothing like this in my life...

I understand that this might not be working as you expected or as you want, but it is working as 'we' intended it when we built it. So far you are the only user out of everyone who has raised this issue. Through the process of developing version 2 and beyond we'll be looking at more ways that we can allow for customization of the site's home page, but one step at a time for now. :)

Please don't say that "it work as intended" because this doesn't work!
If is there an option inside the plugin to change the listing in
Oldest to Newest
and
Newest to Oldest

and this function doesn't work, this function doesn't work"

Last edited:
Marko,

We've had this discussion extensively, and I'll restate several points I've made before as well as addressing some of your latest remarks.

So for you is normal
that the last items added

are placed

DOWN the listing/page and not up???

Sorry, but I never see nothing like this in my life...

Search for an item on eBay. I just searched iPhone. Among the options for ordering is 'Ending Soonest'. That means the items who will end the sooner than others are displayed first. Their 'Best Match' search gives you items that match best for your description and are ending soon. That is their default setting.

Why do they do that? Because they are an auction site. You sell the items that will soon be unavailable as quickly as you can. DragonByte Classifieds was built as a way of selling items in auctions. That requires a similar functionality. That is what we have.

Regarding the following:

Please don't say that "it work as intended" because this doesn't work!
If is there an option inside the plugin to change the listing in
Oldest to Newest
and
Newest to Oldest

and this function doesn't work, this function doesn't work"

What did we 'intend' to create? I know that we intended for the ordering we have with no option to change it. As stated earlier, because Classifieds was originally planned and built to focus on auction like settings, it required that ordering. It was intended and therefore is working as intended.

The issue you have is with two things:

First you didn't expect it to work this way because you are approaching using Classifieds from a different angle. You want to sell and allow your users to sell with a slightly different approach to auction. As stated before, this is now adjusted in version 2 and so will be a new feature (because it was never intended to be included initially) you can make use of.

Second, you are misreading the information about a setting. The setting name is: My Classifieds/My Listings Ordering of Listings. It's description is: This setting controls the default ordering of the My Classifieds and My Listings pages. Those two pages are not the home pages in Classifieds, try the links in our Classifieds section to see what I mean:

http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/dbtclassifieds.php?do=profile
http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/dbtclassifieds.php?do=profile&action=mylistings

Since that setting is very clearly not stating it affects all Classifieds pages, and only mentions the above two, it cannot be expected to order the rest of the pages. In fact in version 2 we have a second setting that will allow this functionality. Therefore on that basis alone, it cannot be described as a bug (Definition of 'Bug'). That means the change you are wanting is a feature request. We have accepted it and implemented it in version 2, the next available version we can do so.

I hope this helps settle some of the concerns you have about this situation marko. Remember you have access to the latest Closed Betas of version 2, so you can test the new feature there for yourself.

As mentioned in the other thread you recently opened, we are working on an improved API for Payment Processors that will make a lot more options available for use in Classifieds.

Matt

Hi Matt,
many thanks for your post.
Now is more clear, so that option doesn't do what I thought, because is for another function that now I understand.
The problem is that you have reason that for auction the listing must be in this way, but the plugin is not only for auctions, for example I'm using without auctions and the listing of the classifieds like you can imagine doesn't check the times order, so it's really a caos, because all the old classifieds, those don't sold, so the worst... that no one buy, are placed upside and the new hidden al the last of the listing.

So if the 2 version is available and is working... with pleasure I would like to give a look, also because with the first version I have 1000 problems.
Can you please tell me how I can download it?

Many thanks Matt.

Last edited:
Hi Matt,
many thanks for your post.
Now is more clear, so that option doesn't do what I thought, because is for another function that now I understand.
The problem is that you have reason that for auction the listing must be in this way, but the plugin is not only for auctions, for example I'm using without auctions and the listing of the classifieds like you can imagine doesn't check the times order, so it's really a caos, because all the old classifieds those don't sold so the worst... that no one buy, are placed upside and the new hidden al the last of the listing.

So if the 2 version is available and is working... with pleasure I would like to give a look, also because with the first version I have 1000 problems.
Can you please tell me how I can download it?

Many thanks Matt.

I can see the problem. This has been the challenge with having more options for the different users, but we'll gradually work through them. I believe the download should be in your downloads area. Look for the 2.0.0 Beta 3 in your Customer Area and the download for Classifieds. You will have to select it from the versions available as some 1.1.x fixes have been released since Beta 3.

Feel free to install it, but only do so on a test server. It's not quite stable enough to risk on a live server. I'm working on Beta 4 at the moment that will introduce the API changes I mentioned. That should mean we can move on to stabilizing it a bit more as well. When testing, check to make sure the issues are fixed and then when version 2 is stable enough you can deploy it to you server quickly and get the added benefits of the new features.

I'll keep you posted on it's development. :)

Hi Matt, if the actual release is not stable to be loaded on my online server I will wait till it will be stable to test it.
So please do you know if is there a way by changing something in the code to change the order of the actual listing in the principal forum of the plugin like I asked you?

Marko, if you send me current FTP access, I'll look at making a change in a file to order the listings differently, but please note that there may be issues that comes up with doing such. It wouldn't be a complete solution to the problem, but might make it more usable for you.

PS, thanks for flagging the issue again, it's made me think about possibly arranging the ordering on a per listing type, so that we can have auctions pages listed one way and others a different. I'll investigate what can be done better in version 2.

You can put 2 big buttons upside to swith "Auction" or Buy It Now"
In the front page must be mixed with the auction up before expiries and the last buy it now at the top.

For all the tips I have given you in this years about this plugin I should have a great present. :) I will wait for it. :)

In the end we have just changed the order of listings like I asked you before.

You can put 2 big buttons upside to swith "Auction" or Buy It Now"
In the front page must be mixed with the auction up before expiries and the last buy it now at the top.

For all the tips I have given you in this years about this plugin I should have a great present. :) I will wait for it. :)

In the end we have just changed the order of listings like I asked you before.

So you've created a work around for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back